Sunday September 4: A Prayer for Wisdom

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday September 4: A Prayer for Wisdom

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Sunday September 4: A Prayer for Wisdom
    • Posted by pbegeman on September 2, 2022 at 2:25 am #127608

To Practice: Read the reflection again, and the following passage from Sirach, in the manner of Lectio Divina, noticing the words that touch you deeply and express what you know to be true. You may wish to read the passages aloud so you can hear and feel the sensations in your body.

Happy those who meditate on Wisdom, and fix their gaze on knowledge; who ponder her ways in their heart, and understand her paths; who pursue her like a scout, and watch at her entry way; who peep through her windows, and listen at her doors; who encamp near her house and fasten their tent pegs next to her walls; who pitch their tent beside her and dwell in a good place.
      – Sirach 14:20-27

You may read the full email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-sept4

• Posted by Susan Kenney on September 4, 2022 at 10:07 am #127632

Here in Sacramento, we have never seen it like this:  temperatures way over 100 degrees, day after day. We fear for the forest fires that have the potential to race through parched landscape, destroying everything in their paths. Lady Wisdom must be saddened to see the planet she helped create now languishing. We certainly need her courage and steadfastness to change our way of life before it is too late. As we enter into this Season of Creation declared by Pope Francis, let us – like King Solomon – admit our own brokenness and discern what is ours to do.

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on September 4, 2022 at 12:30 pm #127633

Oh, Sue. I am so sorry for all of you out there!

going into the body is where truth lies for me. I found a sentence in an old journal: cognitive activity takes place in time, not space. I wonder If that is what Thomas Aquanais was alluding to when he rejected all the results of his thinking and formulations.  To drop down into one’s body, all that we “know” falls into place and we know what is real in this moment. we know what is ours to do In this moment, and no other. Being consciously in the body is to know, in this moment, that I will die, and am not promised one other moment. I see everything from a great distance and I can be happy.

Have you experienced this to as I have recently?

• Posted by tcf2_comcast_net on September 4, 2022 at 1:06 pm #127635

What is happening out west, terrifying.   May Susan and all be somehow spared – May all be delivered from their distress.

we also learn that 1/3 of Pakistan is under water.

I don’t know any intercesory prayer but “help us all!”

• Posted by Brenda Bayne on September 4, 2022 at 7:15 pm #127637

Holding you, Susan, and the terrifying situation in the Love and Light.

Kathleen, I’m with you in listening to the body which never lies, whereas my mind/our minds can lead me/us in a not so-merry dance.

and Tim, Thomas used to say that sometime the only prayer we can utter is “Help”.  And sometimes that needs to be a shut for “HELP!”

• Posted by linda rhead on September 9, 2022 at 1:54 pm #127691

Sunday September 4: A Prayer for Wisdom

“Your body is in the soul, and the soul suffuses you completely.” John O’Donohue’s words remind me my soul expresses herself in my flesh. When my soul needs rest, my body rests. My soul leads my body beside still waters for prayer. Led by Lady Wisdom, I trust being able to put aside what “needs doing” in order to do what my soul informs should be done instead. Thank You, Lord, for allowing Your mercy to flow through me, a sinner. <3 linda

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.