Sunday September 27: Breathing In and Breathing Out

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday September 27: Breathing In and Breathing Out

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Sunday September 27: Breathing In and Breathing Out
    • Posted by pbegeman on September 26, 2020 at 3:45 pm #108791

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-sep27

[excerpt from email]: “Prayer and activity are not enemies. We ascend the ladder of consciousness beyond rational consciousness to intuitive and unitive levels, and then when they become stabilized, action and contemplation become the same thing because God is present in everything You see God in everything, and you see God intentionally working with circumstances outside of you and inside of you.”
      -Thomas Keating, God is All in All

Examen: Have you experienced the fruits of Centering Prayer flowing into and through your activities? Have you experienced a new aliveness, a new depth of meaning, in the work of your ordinary life from the practice of Centering Prayer?

• Posted by linda rhead on September 27, 2020 at 4:29 pm #108800

Sunday September 27: Breathing In, Breathing Out

Yes, I have experienced the fruits of Centering Prayer flowing into and through my activities. My daily mantra “pray and do the next practical thing” tie them both together as one, like a mobius strip is one continuous loop on two sides – inseparable. Many times, in prayer, action is suggested I had not planned for that day, and that action is what I do instead of what I planned. The bonus is less day to day stress of “oh, I need to do thus and such!” Trusting God is acting via my consent, whatever I accomplish in a day I consider God’s will to be accomplished. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on October 2, 2020 at 10:19 pm #108880

Yes, I have experienced the fruits of centering prayer flowing into and through my activities, a new aliveness, a new depth in meaning. This morning for example, I found that my credit card had been compromised. My initial response was to go into a tail spin, consciously finding all the vital info that I would need  in calling the credit card company. The first number proved to be part of a long waiting line. I tried a second number and did not get caught up in remembering which button to push. This time a more cheerful encouraging voice guided me through appologing for putting me on silent mode several times while she checked things out. I found myself going with the flow that all shall be well. The items in question would be removed and I would be issued a new card. Mindful breathing and the welcome prayer took the place of mindless head chatter.

Yesterday I received the gift of a wall hanging: Grateful, Thankful, Blessed, which now hangs on the door to my apartment.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.