Sunday September 25: Love is a Daily Practice

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday September 25: Love is a Daily Practice

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Sunday September 25: Love is a Daily Practice
    • Posted by pbegeman on September 23, 2022 at 4:43 pm #127970

To Practice

• At the end of each day, reflect on the seeds sown in thought, word, deed, and the state of your heart. Without judgement, what do you learn? What new intention do you wish for each day? Practice the Welcoming Prayer with any sensations or emotions that arise.
      • What would love as a daily practice look like for you?

You may read the entire email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-sept25

• Posted by Susan Kenney on September 25, 2022 at 11:19 am #128014

Many threads. A friend observed that she had initially indicted the rich man. She then realized that she had just driven in her air conditioned car past scores of people living on the sidewalk in 117 degree heat. The film, The US and the Holocaust,  painfully shows the consequences of treating Jews – or native Americans – or people of color – or anyone seen as different – as “other”. Genocide comes in many forms and in many time periods. And it begins in our hearts – in the rich man’s heart – when we fail to see our common humanity, our shared divinity. This week may I be alert to the ways in which I exclude “the other”   Today begins a novena honoring St  Francis whose feast day is October 4. Francis kissed the leper as a way of reconciling himself with “the other”. He saw all creation as his sisters and brothers (Brother Sun, Sister  Moon)..   Many threads. Much to contemplate.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on September 26, 2022 at 4:19 pm #128051

As I begin praying this week’s theme, another theme is surfacing: the chasm of indifference. My question and challenge, “my capacity to be the home of love”. In the next 6 weeks or so I am part of a discernment process where indifference and entitlement are deeply rooted in spite of everyone’s good intentions.

• Posted by minttested86 on September 28, 2022 at 2:50 am #128306

As I start to pray about the theme for this week, another theme comes up: the chasm of indifference. My question and challenge is, “How can I be the place where love lives?” In the next 6 weeks or so, I’ll be part of  mario games process to figure out how to deal with indifference and a sense of entitlement, even though everyone wants to do the right thing.

• Posted by linda rhead on September 30, 2022 at 2:00 pm #128471

Sunday September 25: Love is a Daily Practice

With a week’s reflection in my heart, what I learned my choice to love is often hindered by my choice to be unloving. I cannot yet unify my capacity to love as well as my capacity to unlove. Somehow it almost seems easier to show mercy than it is to truly love. My intention moving forward is “Mercy, lead me to love.” <3 linda

• Posted by pbegeman on September 30, 2022 at 4:05 pm #128477

What a keen observation, Linda, and what a beautiful intention moving forward.  Thank you. – Pamela

• Posted by Adeline Behm on October 1, 2022 at 4:29 pm #128499

This week the challenge/revelation ” to have the capacity to be the home of love”,  was accepting an apology when none was offered; purgatory is here and now. What a wonderful/lifesaving  companion: the welcome prayer. Though not one of our readings this week, I am grateful for the reading from the book of Job from this week’s common lectionary; Job and I Kindred spirits!

• Posted by caylakling8 on January 30, 2023 at 6:45 am #131984

We have been talking about people caring for each other, so why is it practice love instead of care about others? It is because love is the deepest kind of caring you can have for another. Love gets the most commitment. Love builds the strongest relationship bonds. Slope Unblocked

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.