Sunday September 20: Turning Our Gaze Toward God’s Ways

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday September 20: Turning Our Gaze Toward God’s Ways

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Sunday September 20: Turning Our Gaze Toward God’s Ways
    • Posted by pbegeman on September 19, 2020 at 2:21 pm #108723

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-sep20

[excerpt from email]: ” … The spiritual journey enables us to appreciate more and more the total gratuity of the divine goodness. Acceptance of the invitation is the key to belonging to the Kingdom. … God is waiting to … press us to heart as little children in desperate need of boundless love. This parable announces that human standards of judgment have no place in the Kingdom.”

Examen: The Center for Contemplative Justice in Nashville, TN, states its purpose is “to nurture the contemplative life and support visions for social and structural change.” How is your commitment to contemplative living nurtured? Have you found that this commitment is changing your way of life? If so, how?

• Posted by linda rhead on September 21, 2020 at 8:21 pm #108748

Sunday September 20: Turning Our Gaze to God’s Ways

How is my commitment to contemplative living nurtured? By groups like this. My centering prayer practice. Online courses with Spirituality and Practice. Relationships with other contemplative friends.

This commitment has changed my life because I used to become quite overwhelmed with world situations far from my control. I know when I am in contemplative prayer those situations come with me and my prayer energy can be directed by the Holy Spirit to whatever situation(s) God sees fit. I don’t need to know where or what, I just need to show fidelity to the practice and trust God to work in the world’s best interest. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on September 25, 2020 at 10:17 pm #108787

My contemplative living is nurtured through faithfulness to  my prayer practices and a communal commitment to ” a path marked by connection, attraction, reconciliation, restoration and mercy.” through listening, respect and accepting to hold the tension of people’s grief and hurt, even my humiliation.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.