Sunday, September 13 – Think of Your Day

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday, September 13 – Think of Your Day

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Sunday, September 13 – Think of Your Day
    • Posted by pbegeman on September 10, 2020 at 8:45 pm #108543

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-sep13

[excerpt from email]: This is the ultimate question of faith, and each must answer it … in the quiet of his heart and the depths of his soul. But to answer it in the affirmative is to know a peace, to discover a meaning to life, that surpasses all understanding. That is the only secret I have come to know. … I can only hope that what I have written will strike a responsive chord in some, will prove a help to others, however few. And I pray that you may be one of them. 

Examen:  Think of your day, today or yesterday. Think of the work you did, the people you met, moment by moment. What did it mean to you – and what might it have meant for God? For others?

• Posted by Susan Kenney on September 13, 2020 at 11:48 pm #108591

As I read this powerful and challenging reflection, I sit in the calm and quiet of my home. I notice how often I stray, my attention wandering away from all that God is doing at this very moment. Then I think of all of those in dire circumstances: COVID-19 victims gasping for breath, humans and animals running from raging fires, African Americans terrified of law enforcement, babies and children held in cages at our border. Evidence indicates that many of these have gone deep inside to find the faith that enables them to live fully or die fully. And I bow in humility at their courage and resolve to be more attentive to each moment. For each is overflowing with God.

Susan Kenney

• Posted by linda rhead on September 14, 2020 at 7:11 pm #108608

Sunday September 13” Think of Your Day”

When I reflected on the work I did and the people I met yesterday, I see that my role is to be a source of edification; to uplift, encourage; and to provide a fresh perspective. Yesterday was spent in mowing the yard so my husband could tackle another project. Later, edifying meant a fresh haircut for him because he is uncomfortable at barber shops. Neither job is caused my demise, neither are at the top of my favorites, yet doing them helped him physically and emotionally. Who would have thought? <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on September 19, 2020 at 8:56 pm #108729

I read Fr. Ciszek’s book years ago. Examen very timely. For me I was where I was supposed to be at each moment this week. In the past there is one person I would have avoided – preferring to delay humiliation till I could figure it out. This person is in my life, in the corporate muddling through where covid 19 has led us. Aware from time to time from the quiet within, God and I are one, each offering what is to be offered at each  breath. ” No moment can be wasted, no opportunity missed, since each has a purpose on one’s life. FINALLY I don’t have to figure it out, plan, avoid, I just go with the flow. When “stuck” like at 2 am the Welcome Prayer resets that inner flow. In God’s “economy” nothing is wasted.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Adeline Behm.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.