Sunday September 11 – Loved in The Midst of Everything

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday September 11 – Loved in The Midst of Everything

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Sunday September 11 – Loved in The Midst of Everything
    • Posted by pbegeman on September 8, 2022 at 9:25 pm #127682

Practices:

• Pray these passages in the manner of Lectio Divina, perhaps aloud so they resonate in your body and senses more directly. What do you hear for your life now?
      • When you next sit, before you begin your turning home, your practice, wonder for a few moments about where God might meet you today and what words of love God might use to ‘soothe and cool’ in the midst of the everything that is your life.

You may read the entire email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-sept11

• Posted by Susan Kenney on September 11, 2022 at 4:09 pm #127745

“Heal the wounds you have no words for”. Those of us who practice tai chi chih know that much pain is held in our bodies. To relieve that pain, we sometimes separate ourselves from our bodies. Instead, the practice invites us  to do gentle healing movements that can re-unite body and soul and caress us with loving energy.

• Posted by Jeannie L on September 11, 2022 at 9:02 pm #127747

“…we lay aside the attractive expectation that God might take away our difficulties. With our hearts turned contemplatively “God does something much more wonderful which is to join us in [our difficulties, with love].”  What a beautiful thought.  It seems a natural inclination to ask God to remove my difficulties, whereas the truth is that difficulties can be my best teachers.  And so God does something more wonderful which is to be with me in the midst of them rather than take them away.

Blessings

Jeannie

• Posted by Susan Kenney on September 13, 2022 at 4:12 pm #127774

“Living in a dark world while remaining  in the light”   I use a walker and I am quite afraid to move about my small apartment in the dark. I always have a light on somewhere for reassurance. Otherwise, a fear of falling paralyzes me.  In a similar way, living in this world with its times of darkness and uncertainty can be paralyzing without the light of the divine within

• Posted by linda rhead on September 16, 2022 at 2:33 pm #127810

Sunday September 11: Loved in The Midst of Everything

My prayer each day is that my words be used to edify another in some way. Daniel J. O’Leary’s poem takes that prayer to a deeper level.

“I wish I could take language and heal the words

That were the wounds

You have no name for.”

This is my mantra. <3 linda

• Posted by linda rhead on September 16, 2022 at 2:41 pm #127811

Sunday September 11: Loved in The Midst of Everything My prayer each day is that my words be used to edify another in some way. Daniel J. O’Leary’s poem takes that prayer to a deeper level. “I wish I could take language and heal the words That were the wounds You have no name for.” This is my mantra. <3 linda

My apologies, the quote is from Julia Cameron.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.