Sunday October 9: Ambushed by Big Love

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday October 9: Ambushed by Big Love

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Sunday October 9: Ambushed by Big Love
    • Posted by pbegeman on October 6, 2022 at 3:29 pm #128615

To Practice

• “One of them … threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him.” The spiritual discipline of offering gratitude for one’s blessings, naming them before God, and giving thanks, is a source of light and energy in life. Beverly Lanzetta offers us a prayer of gratitude which she invites us to read following the movements: bow, kneel, lay, rise, heart, pray, bow. Practice these as movements of your body or imagined movements of the heart, whatever feels most comfortable. One of our team members, John Farrelly of Ireland, has recorded a reading of this prayer so that you may listen and pray with your body, following the prompts. You can find this 4 1/2 minute recording here.

In Praise & Gratitude

Holy Earth, Holy Cosmos,
      I bow before you
      With my whole being.
      Holy Creatures, Holy Nature,
      I kneel upon the earth
      In honour and thanksgiving
      Of your blessed bounty.
      Holy Waters, Holy Mountains,
      I lay my body on your temple
      In gratefulness for nurturing
      My tender soul.
      Holy Passion, Holy Longing,
      I rise up before you
      A devotee of truth,
      Following wherever you lead me.
      Holy Silence, Holy Solitude,
      I place my hands over my heart
      Breathing in serenity,
      Breathing out your peace.
      Holy Sorrow, Holy Suffering,
      I close my hands in prayer
      May I bear every wound
      With compassion and non-harm.
      Holy Humility, Holy Emptiness,
      I bow my head before you
      I have become nothing,
      For your All to shine in my soul.
      Holy Freedom, Holy Rejoicing,
      I open my heart to the world
      Offering myself to this day,
      In joyfulness and gratitude.
      Amen.
      – Beverly Lanzetta, excerpted from “Canticle of Praise,” A Feast of Prayers

If you wish, you can read the full Sunday reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-oct9

• Posted by tcf2_comcast_net on October 9, 2022 at 1:43 pm #128661

I have at times done these things. By no means often enough, however.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on October 11, 2022 at 2:42 am #128681

A first perusal of this week’s Word of the Week, phrase “divine ambush” fit the difficult encounter experience this past Saturday. I experienced an aliveness of ‘being held”. Instead of being drained there is a flow of courage to engage in this situation of injustice. I usually flee bullies; now I face the bully with compassion “for they know not the harm they are perpetuate”. Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. So much to be grate for – trusting this Ambusher.

• Posted by linda rhead on October 15, 2022 at 4:43 pm #128756

Sunday October 9: Ambushed by Big Love

Rilke’s poetry strikes to edge of the singing bowl that is my soul, sounding a call for all creation to come, pray with me. We hold a collective breath, exhale as the bowl’s tone ebbs into Love’s silent embrace. All Creation and I know we are beloved. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on October 15, 2022 at 8:33 pm #128757

Linda “the edge of the singing bowl” spoken into my soul.

Ambushed by great Love took me into the unknown depths of darkness to an assured presence in a difficult situation supporting all involved. I had this sense that Great Love was saying I’ve got this. There was this movement from this is too too much for me/us to being held by I’ve got this.

Grateful to you Linda and all in our Word of the Week community.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Adeline Behm.
    • Posted by mainmotherly on December 27, 2022 at 3:00 am #130313

The poetry of Rilke pierces the edge of the singing bowl that is my soul and cries out for all of creation to join me in prayer. As the bowl’s tone fades into Love’s silent embrace, we all take a deep breath together and let it out. I am aware that God loves the entire creation. Roblox Doors

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.