Sunday October 18: Rendering One’s Life

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday October 18: Rendering One’s Life

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Sunday October 18: Rendering One’s Life
    • Posted by pbegeman on October 17, 2020 at 6:34 pm #109111

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-oct18

[excerpt from email]: “Whatever the soul chooses to love, it will resemble. And therefore what we choose to love is important. Love is the force behind every level of existence. There is some good in every attraction, but there is a process of refining attraction, of choosing what to love, so that we are energized by a wider, purer love.”

– Kabir Edmund Helminski, Living Presence

Examen:  Ponder what holds your attraction.  Is there a process of refinement being called forth – a conscious selection of what is of value and what can be set aside?

• Posted by linda rhead on October 19, 2020 at 7:22 pm #109280

Sunday October 18: Rendering One’s Life

As I look at my life, it seems as if this conscious selection of what is of value and what can be set aside occurs daily, as the Holy Spirit guides my next practical steps. Tasks I think are important to complete are set aside for other duties that arise unexpectedly. Later, time will be freed so I can complete those tasks. What is of value continues to revolve around relationships; with Christ foremost, and with my husband, grown children and their spouses next. I refresh myself at the well of contemplative prayer daily and pour that water into everyone I encounter – the more unexpected the better. It seems I am being called to let go of schedules and learn to live more fully present in the moment. Schedules can be tweaked; people are of value and need love. <3 linda

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.