Sunday October 11: The Banquet is Ready

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday October 11: The Banquet is Ready

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday October 11: The Banquet is Ready
    • Posted by pbegeman on October 10, 2020 at 6:30 pm #109016

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-oct11

[excerpt from email]: You’re invited. You don’t need to win God’s love to earn it. You’ve already got it. And, hence, it’s the question of relaxing into the being that you actually are … relaxing into the ground of your being, which is God’s expression of himself in our particular uniqueness.” – Thomas Keating, Invitation from God 

“Thus, the whole of the kingdom is ours for the accepting.” – Thomas Keating, Manifesting God

Examen:  You’re invited. Everyone is invited. Everyone. Will you accept this invitation? Is there anyone you would prefer to leave out?  Can you open your heart and let them in, too?

• Posted by linda rhead on October 12, 2020 at 6:48 pm #109036

Sunday October 11: The Banquet is Ready
      Yes, I accept this invitation to relax into the ground of my being: God’s expression of God’s self in me. I want everyone to come to this party, to relax into who they are as well. More relaxing equates to less tenseness…we don’t need more tense these days. <3 linda

• Posted by Susan Kenney on October 13, 2020 at 1:49 am #109042

I have always belonged to two churches.
      The first one is the one I was baptized in. You know the one. The one with an altar, a crucifix, wooden pews and creeky kneelers. It can be judgmental and sometimes exclusionary.
      The second one welcomes all comers. No need for genuflections or confessions or dress up clothes. It is a place of great diversity. An inclusive place where I can be myself. A place where a God is present in the most unusual yet genuine way. A place where neglected places and people are nurtured.

• Posted by Marie on October 15, 2020 at 2:59 pm #109094

Yes, Lord. Your servant is listening. I love you with my whole heart and mind and soul.  I have no problem accepting your invitation for I love myself dearly and want only the best for me.  But here’s the rub:  What about your second commandment?  The one about my neighbor?  You mean those I watched  on this morning’s news committing heinous crimes are invited too?  And what about all those lukewarm who never mention you in public unless it’s to swear by you?  Will you drag them by the hair into your kingdom as well?

Lord, only by your grace can I accept your invitation and begin to understand your boundless love of all people .  Let me rest in this knowledge and not presume to understand you.  Taking the time daily to rest in your peace renews my commitment to love all people as my Father has loved me.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on October 17, 2020 at 11:41 pm #109116

I just finished a C.P. “sit”. What has perculated in my inner depths this week “worthy”, a huge stumbling  block suddenly revealed its message. Entering into C.P. I often begin with the Welcome Prayer and then my consent has expanded: “I consent to the presence, action, love and mercy of God”. God’s mercy envelopes, creates my worthiness, sheer gratuity! Humbly I onced again recognize that “I am God’s work of art”. I rest in humility and gratitude!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.