Sunday November 6: Jump, children, jump!

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday November 6: Jump, children, jump!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday November 6: Jump, children, jump!
    • Posted by pbegeman on November 3, 2022 at 2:45 pm #129138

Practices

• Hold today’s readings and reflections close to your heart. What is being called forth as a creative response to the summons of surrender? You may wish to practice the Welcoming Prayer as way of praying and consenting in the moment with what is.
      • As you go through this week, you may wish to use this prayer as a vestibule or closing to your Centering Prayer practice:

A Prayer of The Heart

Feel into body, my life
      I surrender my life;
      I pray to be your servant;
      I pray to fulfil divine potential for your glory.
      In you, Lord, I embrace this moment as it is.
      Amen.

• Please note that clocks in the U.S. will fall back one hour on Sunday, November 6, which will affect the Word of the Week prayer group times in some parts of the US and other parts of the world.

You may wish to read the full email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-nov6

• Posted by Brenda Bayne on November 8, 2022 at 11:31 am #129204

“… In you, Lord, I embrace this moment as it is.”

I have been practicing this even more this year than previously and my son is having a crash course in this as he’s had to live through seven months of scans, tests and numerous delays, to finally be told he does not have cancer.  However he does need an operation to repair two hernias.  Last week he was told the wait will be up to two years!

I find that when anything of such and larger magnitude happens to any of us, the only way to live with it is to live as fully in the present as possible.  This is a lot easier to write than to continually do.

Thank you so much for this Prayer of the Heart – I will write it in my Minute Book.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on November 10, 2022 at 5:37 pm #129232

As I am praying my way into this week, certainty as a hiding place is becoming rarer. My present moments are taken up with tasks at hand where “little dyings” are the norm where relinquishing the future into God’s hands plunges me into those dark corners of my being – I anticipate that the final dark corner, my final breath just might be akin to Mary Oliver’s heaven “yellow finches bathing and singing in the lowly puddle”. For now I “feel into my body, my life— surrendering into embracing each moment as it is. Each moment- grace of another little death.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on November 12, 2022 at 5:00 pm #129267

The second  antiphon for Vespers yesterday,  November 11: “Lord if you still need me, I am ready for the task; your will be done”; An affirmative gift of consenting following a recent descent into a dark corner of my being; launched upon  awakening this morning from  a significant dreaming time….

• Posted by linda rhead on November 14, 2022 at 9:58 pm #129295

Sunday November 6: Jump, children, jump!

What is being called forth as my creative response to the summons of surrender? God in the present moment because God’s presence and action in me is only available in the present moment. To be mesmerized by a flock of starlings alighting on my yard in search of grubs brings my soul to the point I jump with joy. It is these moments I seek as I seek God’s face each day. <3 linda

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.