Sunday November 27: Be Vigilant

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday November 27: Be Vigilant

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Sunday November 27: Be Vigilant
    • Posted by pbegeman on November 25, 2022 at 4:14 pm #129502

To Practice:  

You may wish to pray the following prayer each day or practice lectio divina using the prayer as your text:

In your promises, I am instructed to fear not the shadows of the future, but to listen for your voice through the valleys of darkness. Show me the path to life and the way to fullness of joy. Remind me in prayer that your Word casts no shadows, for it is the light of the world, which includes me.  Amen.
      – Peter Traben Haas, Centering Prayers

What do you hear for your journey now? Or for your Advent intention?

You may read the full email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-nov27

• Posted by Frank Pendola on November 27, 2022 at 10:36 am #129529

I simply need to say how grateful I am for the “Word of the Week”.

The parish where I serve has not yet evolved to a contemplative listening of the scriptures.

These always strengthen and refresh me.

Grateful,

Frank Pendola

• Posted by Brenda Bayne on November 27, 2022 at 11:58 am #129530

Thank you for this prayer and for the Tao Te Ching verse:

Do you have the patience to wait
      till your mud settles and the water is clear?
      Can you remain unmoving
      till the right action arises by itself?
      – The Tao Te Ching, chapter 15, as translated by Stephen Mitchell, 1988

This verse has lived on my fridge for a long time and I often contemplate it when in my kitchen, reminding myself to wait with open mind and heart for whatever comes next.   It is a great joy to find it in this weeks Word.

Blessings of Advent

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Brenda Bayne.
    • Posted by linda rhead on November 30, 2022 at 7:30 pm #129668

Sunday November 27: Be Vigilant

For my Advent intention I am revisiting Gayle Boss’ wonderful tome “All Creation Waits: The Advent Mystery of New Beginnings”. Gayle dives deep into the resting lives of creatures great and small; how they die to self via hibernation, trusting spring’s warmth awaits. A turtle’s secluded rest or the honeybee community united to warm the queen bee both reveal my need to balance solitude and solidarity. May creatures’ intuitive natures teach me to follow my Advent path. <3 linda

• Posted by Susan Kenney on December 1, 2022 at 3:33 pm #129725

“The Christ in all of us is there in this place of brokenness” reminds me of the story of an old rabbi who visits a dying monastery and simply says,”The messiah is among you”The monks started to look at one another with renewed respect and reverence, breathing new life into their daily routine. So, what if we were able to say,”The Christ is in and among each and all of us”?  Would we act and speak and pray differently.?

• Posted by Adeline Behm on December 2, 2022 at 6:02 pm #129800

Be vigilant this Advent is a new awareness of living life open ended, the kind that is not controlling the future. Pope Francis recently said:” Our future has a name and that is hope.” My emotional programming is in high gear this Advent as I embrace, rather bubblingly,  trusting in the infinite mercy of God.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.