Sunday November 22: Whatever You Did, You Did To Me

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday November 22: Whatever You Did, You Did To Me

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Sunday November 22: Whatever You Did, You Did To Me
    • Posted by pbegeman on November 21, 2020 at 6:42 pm #109946

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-nov22

[excerpt from email]: “God’s presence in the world today depends very much on us. We have to keep God present in the world in the same way as Jesus did. We have to become, as Teresa of Avila so simply put it, God’s physical hands, feet, mouthpiece and heart in this world.”- Ronald Rolheiser, The Holy Longing

To Practice: Are there ways in which prayer has changed the way you live your life and who you will allow into your life? Ways in which your activities have led you to deeper prayer?

• Posted by CWRjr on November 22, 2020 at 1:14 pm #109963

Prayer has not changed the people who come into my life as much as it has transformed the way I act toward and with them. The phrase, “Thy kingdom come”, in Our Lord’s Prayer is now a realization that it comes in every moment and I should try and co-create with the One who created Love. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit as written by Paul to the Galatians are values along with generosity and forgiveness that I try, failing often, to practice.  I have two mantras.  “You Are!” reinforces that the Divine Three are near, with and in me.  “Love Flows!” reminds me that the Spirit’s Grace flows in me and it can, if I keep my heart open, flow out of me.

In gratitude and loving kindness.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on November 22, 2020 at 4:36 pm #109967

“The Incarnation is ongoing”. The mystical body is also a physical body. The body of our brothers and sisters, around the globe and in our backyard. In these times, this body is crying out for attention, for healing, for love. If we are the body of Christ, we must hear and answer this cry.

In his memoir, President Obama describes the generation of Martin Luther  King, Jr as the Moses generation and the current generation as the Joshua generation. It is our sacred duty to always keep the promised land of justice within view. And, with hope, know that the incarnation is ongoing.

• Posted by linda rhead on December 3, 2020 at 6:57 pm #110268

Sunday, November 22: Whatever You Did, You Did to Me

Yes, my contemplative practice has changed the way I live my life. I’d like to believe I am more open to allowing others into my life – God may have a different point of view. So, I continue to pray. My quarantine time has allowed me to affirm my prayer practice and I don’t set foot out of my house without prayer to undergird me. <3 linda

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.