Sunday May 29: Heaven All The Way To Heaven

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday May 29: Heaven All The Way To Heaven

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Sunday May 29: Heaven All The Way To Heaven
    • Posted by pbegeman on May 25, 2022 at 7:51 pm #124484

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-may29

[excerpt from email]: Practice: Pray in the manner of Lectio Divina with these passages, perhaps pondering them through the question “what does the Ascension mean for you now, in your own life?”

• Posted by maggie.massam on May 29, 2022 at 12:13 pm #124539

Thanks you for this week’s Word.

The way I witness the Ascension in my life today, is by taking Jesus into my heart at the beginning of every day, praising him through prayer and meditation throughout the day and thanking God for the blessing that is Jesus. I don’t need to look to the sky, I only need to be with God in Centering Prayer and know that Jesus will return – in God’s time.

• Posted by kirnfatomfallon on May 29, 2022 at 7:26 pm #124542

Thank you for this reflection.  The need for our Mother in heaven has become more real to me as my mom is losing her mind to dementia.  Just read this week from Theresa of Avila ” nor is there on this journey a soul so much a giant that it has no need to return often to the stage of an infant and a suckling”.  Thank you for showing God as both heavenly Mother and Father!!!

Also, so wonderful that you affirm no one is or ever will be separated from God.  Separation has only ever existed as a lie in our minds.

God bless

• Posted by linda rhead on May 29, 2022 at 8:17 pm #124543

Sunday May 29: Heaven All The Way To Heaven
      What does the Ascension mean for me now, in my own life? With the pain, grief and shock fo this week in mind, Ascension is bearing my part of that pain and grief, and, somehow, sing. I am weak; I “sing in the strength that rises out of weakness.” I am called to somehow, through my tears, “sing the waning darkness into light.” Lord, have mercy. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on May 29, 2022 at 11:32 pm #124545

What does Ascension mean for me, in my life? It seems God prepared me in anticipation of this question. Out of the blue yesterday 2Cor. 12:10 caught me by surprise: ” I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships. persecutions and calamities for Christ’s sake…” I had to admit my contentment is questionable. (deep sight from the depths of my being….) Then a dream where I am driving on a road that is blocked by snow. I go around where roads are dry; I drive into this back yard. The vehicle is now a taxi; I am loading boxes, bundles of stuff into the trunk. As I am exit with the last of it all, the taxi takes off. The dream fades. So the movement into the Ascension 2022 is one of poverty, only a few items in hand. I can’t go back.” Why are you staring?” There is only forward and the invitation is detachment from my self in search of  or more precisely entering into the energy of “I am content with weakness, insults, etc, for ” in my weakness I am strong”. Disbelief or it it what have I got to lose? “My Lord and my God, detach me from myself, so I can give my all to you”.

• Posted by dan wagner on May 30, 2022 at 11:40 am #124598

To “borrow” a line from a homily of Fr Matthew Hawkins of St Paul’s parish yesterday in Leesburg, Fl on the Ascension:

“The question is not IF God is working in your life, it is HOW God is working in your life”.

Pithy and to the point.

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on May 31, 2022 at 2:59 pm #124621

miracles during prayer group

while pamela was telling her story about her encounter with the little boy,  a big yellow butterfly flew by the window in front of me.

• Posted by Jeannie L on June 1, 2022 at 11:42 pm #124660

The CAC meditation’s line, “Jesus didn’t go anywhere” shows me how childish (not childlike) my understandings can still be.  The reminder that the God of my understanding is here, that the universe isn’t divided into separate levels of ‘heaven and earth’ but, rather, is one, is precious.  Rather than gazing up into the sky at some imaginary place where I will be transported someday, I will find God by looking all around me – into the eyes of the clerk at the grocery store, my next-door neighbor, the hummingbird outside my living room window, and even somehow within the tragedies in the world this past week.  This Divine presence is always always here.

• Posted by pbegeman on June 2, 2022 at 2:53 pm #124665

Amen. Thank you for sharing, Jeannie. – Pamela Begeman

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.