Sunday May 22: Receive the Holy Spirit

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday May 22: Receive the Holy Spirit

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Sunday May 22: Receive the Holy Spirit
    • Posted by pbegeman on May 19, 2022 at 3:46 pm #124320

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-may22

[excerpt from email]: “A new spiritual awakening … is in the process of reshaping most religions by emphasizing relationships, practices and experience that connects people to a deeper awareness of self, to their neighbors in global community, and to God … We are living at a time of great turning in which we have the opportunity for metanoia, to see differently and to create a global common good that reflects a divine dream of reconciliation, peace, dignity and justice.” – Diana Butler Bass, Christianity after Religion

[link to video included in email]: https://dev.contemplativeoutreach.org/video/what-is-transforming-union/

• Posted by CWRjr on May 22, 2022 at 11:51 am #124398

Blessed Day,

My journey has evolved into a personalized Lord’s Prayer and several phrases, including: Holy, Holy Holy!; The Divine Three are near, with and in me; Come God with grace and awaken the Spirit followed by Come God with grace and speak through me spirit and lastly, Love flows in and love flows out.

Repeating these at various points in the day remind me of thee Divine Three’s Presence, the power of grace and its influence one my daily practices. For years now, this has been grounded in trying to practice the Fruits of the Spirit — love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, trust, goodness and self-control to which I have added … forgiveness and generosity. If only saying them thoughtfully helped me improve my daily practice and without grace I have no chance.

May you heart be open and may you know the Spirit’s presence.

Carl

• Posted by Brenda Bayne on May 23, 2022 at 3:26 am #124406

Inspirational – many thanks for sharing this, Carl.

“Love flows in and loves flows out.”

• Posted by linda rhead on May 23, 2022 at 11:35 am #124409

Sunday May 22: Receive the Holy Spirit

Father Keating’s “transforming union” speaks deeply because it addresses “who we are [am] at the deepest level”. It also implies ongoing work of the Holy Spirit. Each day, as I consent to God’s Presence and action, the Spirit is allowed free access to transform another part of my being to be more tender, compassionate, able to better serve and love. Daily renewal, what a gift! <3 linda

• Posted by Susan Kenney on May 23, 2022 at 11:40 am #124410

Canticle of the Turning: Father Thomas’ words reminded me of the canticle. One verse:”Though i am small, my God, my all. You work great wonders in me   And your mercy will last. From the depths of the past to the end of the age to be. “   For me, the canticle speaks of transformation: of me, of you, of all creation. It is a transformation in process that is often hidden amidst the tragedies and traumas of our time   When I surrender to this turning, I find hope

My word for grace?  “SURPRISE”

• Posted by Adeline Behm on May 23, 2022 at 10:46 pm #124452

Words/phrases for my experiences of grace are: mercy upon mercy upon mercy; new spiritual awakening; energy; movement; endurance; being reshaped in my inmost being.

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on May 24, 2022 at 11:48 am #124453

fr carl, what are the four statements youmake as an older person? one was : being available and letting go. i forgot to write them down . thank you!

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on May 24, 2022 at 12:13 pm #124454

good morning! i have been studying frames, the way we each have our own idea of what is real and what is true. my intention was to understand how people who i dont agree with see the world. maybe i could appreciate their values and dicern what we share.

now i notice i am looking at all of us from above all the frames. i suppose that is nonduality?

• Posted by Susan Kenney on May 24, 2022 at 3:00 pm #124456

Peeling Away: I do a meditative movement practice called tai chi chih. Part of the practice is to strip away any non essential parts of each movement – a little extra turn of the wrist, a turn of the head, an extension of the arms. The invitation is to notice the layers that cover our true selves and gradually allow them to be stripped away. One must allow the process to happen in God’s time and in God’s order. As layers are peeled away physically – and spiritually – energy flows more freely, leading to new awakenings.  Be patient, be attentive, be reverent.

• Posted by wilsonejoony on July 1, 2022 at 7:58 am #125543

If you’ve been watching videos online, you’re probably familiar with the name shudder. Shudder is a great place to watch horror movies online. Shudder comes second after Netflix. With the ever increasing number of users, Shudder is finding it very difficult to provide the best services to its users. Helpdesk Australia, a third-party organization, has provided Shudder’s customers with the Shudder Phone Number 1-800-431-401 to help them troubleshoot some comparable technical problems. Users will no longer have to worry about facing technical glitches. Any technical issues can be resolved immediately by calling Shudder phone number 1-800-431-401.

Shudder Phone Number

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.