as close as the heart in your chest.
      It’s the word of faith that welcomes God
      to go to work and
      set things right for us.
      Say the welcoming word to God.
      Romans 10:8-9

• Posted by linda rhead on March 7, 2022 at 12:08 pm #122276

Sunday March 6: Say The Word

I need regular knocking off my throne of my false self. God is pleased to gently (or not so) remove me and regain rightful ownership. I allow God’s Presence and action to work in me by faith, so God may “go to work and set things right”. I trust if my actions are rooted in God and grounded in love for others, when I lean toward my false self, God will correct my course and reset me on Love’s path. <3 linda

• Posted by Susan on March 7, 2022 at 9:29 pm #122282

“Full of our selves or full of the Spirit?  That is the challenge on a daily basis.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on March 8, 2022 at 8:48 pm #122305

The year I was born, Lent began just 8 days later, February 14. So one could say I am a child of Lent. Once a time of sadness now a time of lamentation. I have lived through many years of disentangling “full of self”. I consent to the guiding of the Spirit to oversee and facilitate this disentanglement especially with respect to forgiveness.

• Posted by kissnerboo on March 13, 2022 at 3:31 pm #122384

Hello, I’m still new to centering prayer. Sometimes, out of the blue when “successfully” being quiet or “mind empty” I suddenly remember memories from childhood that were painful. Now I am able to identify what I was really feeling at that time.

If I may ask a question for help, I’m not sure what to do when thoughts like these surprisingly pop up. To “throw” the memory/image away by going back to the Sacred word or to “sit” with what is presented to me at the moment?

Theses thoughts, memories, or images also include positive ones like me laughing. It’s bothering me a bit because these thoughts are new thoughts for me and I don’t know what to do with them.

Thank you.

• Posted by pbegeman on March 14, 2022 at 8:05 pm #122399

To address your question, which is a common one, if the memories and thoughts come up during your time of Centering Prayer, then just treat them like you would any “thought”, the umbrella term which includes sensations, emotions, images, memories, etc., — and return ever-so-gently to your sacred word or symbol. If after your time of Centering Prayer these memories are images are still lurking around, you may wish to journal about them, speak with a trusted spiritual companion or counselor, or whatever you are called to do to process them, or just let them be. The important thing is that we are not giving them our attention and intention during the time of Centering Prayer. These are normal occurrences of the unloading of the unconscious; what is coming up is going out, i.e., is being brought into the light for healing and releasing.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.