Sunday March 20: Living Water, Living Grace

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday March 20: Living Water, Living Grace

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Sunday March 20: Living Water, Living Grace
    • Posted by pbegeman on March 18, 2022 at 8:03 pm #122485

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-mar20

[excerpt from email]: “In contemplative practice … we believe that Christ is in the center of the circle imparting to each the special graces each one needs. The participants are pooling their silence, so to speak, so that everyone gathered there can drink from this marvelous well of living water that rises up from the center of the circle. Silence in this context is liturgy of an exalted kind. We do not say or do anything, but we engage in a special kind of action that might be called alert receptivity.”- Thomas Keating, The Better Part

• Posted by linda rhead on March 20, 2022 at 3:00 pm #122519

Sunday March 20: Living Water, Living Grace

The affirmation I carry this week is “trust the Mystery”. On one level the Samaritan woman had a distrust of Jesus: “how can you?” Only when the conversation deepens and Jesus makes her known to herself can she trust Jesus. Trust, then proclaim her trust to her village. This week, I trust the Mystery to provide opportunities to proclaim my trust as well. <3 linda

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by linda rhead.
    • Posted by Adeline Behm on March 20, 2022 at 6:05 pm #122522

What caught my initial attention on this 3rd Sunday of Lent, was Keating’s phrase: “The participants are pooling their silence…….” Here in Saskatchewan what is heavy on our hearts is reconciliation with our Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, Metis). The delegation is on its way to a meeting with Pope Francis March 28-April 1. Below is what appeared in Crux Now. We also have a deep connection with the Ukraine; many settled here and have family there; we have a significant sharing of cultural resources. So together  we hold on to each other.

Canada indigenous demand Church admit role in ‘genocide,’ rescind colonization edicts: https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-americas/2022/03/canada-indigenous-demand-church-admit-role-in-genocide-rescind-colonization-edicts/

• Posted by Brenda Bayne on March 21, 2022 at 4:23 am #122529

“Silence in this context is liturgy of an exalted kind.”  This is very affirming for me because I find it more and more difficult to use words to pray.  I begin to use words then find there is nothing to say, God already knows.  So I name, hand over and trust – which grows into TRUST.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on March 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm #122547

An Encounter:  I find myself wondering about this encounter. Often an encounter changes both parties. It seems that Jesus might have been changed, might have enlarged the vision of his mission to include the “other”, that is, the Samaritans, long seen as the enemy by the Jewish people.

• Posted by Brenda Bayne on March 21, 2022 at 10:02 pm #122587

Thank you for sharing this Susan – a reciprocal encounter out of which each person grows.  This makes sense to me.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.