Sunday, March 13: The Tipping Point

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday, March 13: The Tipping Point

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday, March 13: The Tipping Point
    • Posted by pbegeman on March 11, 2022 at 3:22 pm #122357

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-mar13

[excerpt from email]: Practice: Ilia invites us to clean out our hearts of stored debris. Thich Nhat Hanh offers us a description of the tools we need to do the work and the hope that motivates it. Review the state of your heart, your relationships, the inner commentaries, complaints and resentments that run over and over in your thoughts. Ask the Spirit to grace you with the tools, the courage to use them, and the healing you need for your personal work.

• Posted by Annsee on March 13, 2022 at 11:18 am #122381

Recently I have begun reading “Humankind – a Hopeful History” by Rutger Bregman.  He draws on a great number of sources to suggest that humanity is much less violent than we normally think. The chapters I’ve read in the past few days suggest that various well-known psychological research experiments into our seemingly naturally violent tendencies are seriously flawed.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on March 13, 2022 at 12:52 pm #122382

“ I believe that I shall see…”. Until the pandemic, my parish hosted a Taize service every Wednesday evening. The prayers were  short and repeated multiple times, embedding them in my consciousness.  One of them is mentioned in this week’s message, “I believe I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord.”  Over and over, we were invited to see God right here right now. And to be patient as we wait for the Lord during times of  conflict and suffering. The repetition made that awareness part of me and has often been a source of encouragement and strength.

• Posted by linda rhead on March 13, 2022 at 9:54 pm #122387

Sunday March 13: The Tipping Point

The beatitude “blessed are the peacemakers” (Matthew 5:9) is the very first Bible verse I memorized. As a teen I had little comprehension what peacemaking entailed. Now, having a foundation of silence and contemplative prayer, I have a better understanding of Father Keating’s “prefect harmony of immense complexity”. To “co-create the cosmos together with God”, making our own corners of Eden a little cleaner and brighter, is a very real, practical and necessary ministry to aid global transformation…one prayer session at a time. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on March 14, 2022 at 3:36 am #122389

As I begin this second week of Lent 2022, “what are the deepest intentions of my heart?” What my heart desires is rather murky with stored debris. God’s timing :Wait for the Lord, let my heart take courage” I am encouraged as I join with  the community of those who wait, take courage.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.