Sunday June 5: Let Love Radiate Through You

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday June 5: Let Love Radiate Through You

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Sunday June 5: Let Love Radiate Through You
    • Posted by pbegeman on June 3, 2022 at 8:51 pm #124696

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-june5

[excerpt from email]: To Practice: Pray these passages aloud, in the manner of Lectio Divina, allowing the vibrations to fill your body. How is the Spirit speaking to you, in this moment, in your life now?

Set an intention this week to go about your ordinary life infusing it with an extraordinary love. Let Love radiate through you. What do you experience?

• Posted by carolyndgoddard_gmail_com on June 5, 2022 at 9:10 am #124708

“Everyone has a part to play in this world, and everyone, however conscious or unconscious, plays it perfectly.” I want to have my eyes opened to this vision. I still see through a glass darkly. The eyes through which i see are clouded by judgements and prejudices.  Yet i know “Grace, the Holy Spirit, the Great Creator” have rushed in, new levels of consciousness have arisen. May metanoia and kenosis lead, as they organically do, to Love beyond measure, beyond understanding,” beyond the current vision of my cloudy mind.

• Posted by tcf2_comcast_net on June 5, 2022 at 12:36 pm #124713

Like Carolyn I still see through a glass darkly except for those rare moments of grace, when I am open  and consenting.  Most of those have been when I was alone outdoors or in an empty chapel.   When I’m around people the false self is in charge, the bondage of self.

Thos week’s  intention – hmmm.  We’ll see

• Posted by Susan Kenney on June 5, 2022 at 2:03 pm #124714

“I don’t want to do THIS anymore. Several times in my life,  I let go of what I thought I was meant to do without knowing what would come next. A little risky since I am my sole financial support. However, those “emptyings” always made room for Spirit. I have never experienced a sudden transformation. The best that I can describe what is happening in me is something I read in the Inter-Spirituality sessions. There is a crescent moon and also a shadow of the full moon. Over time, the crescent moves toward full. Over and over.  This seems to fit with my calling the crescent moon “OM”, the Divine present and being revealed.

• Posted by linda rhead on June 5, 2022 at 8:11 pm #124719

Sunday June 5: Let Love Radiate Through You

The Spirit speaks to me being an instrument of God’s love. When I write, I write until Spirit allows my pen to rest. When I care for others, I pour all the love I can into the task. Intention for the week: to be open to my role in the great change happening right now in the world. <3 linda

• Posted by tomagness22_yahoo_com on June 5, 2022 at 9:40 pm #124720

Pentecost

Cottonwood dances

to a patternless pattern,

snowflakes in June,

order within chaos,

a reminder of unity in diversity

and diversity in unity.

All is One, and, the One is all.

And the Spirit blows where it wills.

And a dream — of a child, shabbily dressed, lost, afraid, forgotten. Until someone with a caring heart comforts him and leads him to his destination.  That child is me. That child is us. That someone is me. That someone is us. Upon reflection, the scriptures resound:  the Prodigal Son, the Beatitudes, especially the poor in spirit, the merciful and the meek, who are given the kingdom, the earth and mercy. The fruits of the Spirit – love joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, (tolerance), gentleness and self-control. And lastly, the parable of the Last Judgment – “Whenever (& wherever) you did this to the least of my brothers & sisters, you did it to me.”

• Posted by Adeline Behm on June 6, 2022 at 10:54 pm #124743

Pentecost 2022? No words… the image  turned upside best expresses non-verbally – I am ensconced in the deep navy, the color of Advent;  the orange, the intense heat of what I am facing in the next three weeks and beyond; never in my wildest imagination did I expect this. I know well the pathway of reordering/uplifting but this time…, I must befriend despair… . and yet, this orange presence invites to trust once again and make the journey deep, deep, into the unfathomable abyss…. that is my all… not alone and yet alone.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on June 7, 2022 at 2:07 pm #124755

“There is a divine way of doing everything”:  As I age, I catch myself thinking “I am not DOING anything”. Well, it is true that I am not doing what I used to do. But a re-ordering of my life has the potential to create new energy – if I stop resisting it and allow Divine energy to move through me and flow out from me. Then I can  “do” my life differently.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on June 7, 2022 at 9:17 pm #124825

How is the Spirit speaking into my life? Pentecost 2022, not two days ago and the Spirit presents us/me with the widow of Zaraphath, at the end of “her all”; one last act of kindness for her and her son. Then the encounter with Elijah – there is more unfolding of “her all”; just trust the oil and flour for today is sufficient to continue the descent into the abyss of “her all”. Finally one has to face ” it is not all about me” but a willingness to embrace the “fire” of the Spirit.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on June 11, 2022 at 9:43 pm #124893

How is the Spirit speaking into my life this Pentecost 2022. The common lectionary reading for this past Friday, 1Kgs 19,  the movement in Elijah from total commitment  to what he sees as his Mission through despair, lamentation, hiding in the cave as nature produce its worst to then being enveloped in this moment of “sheer silence” to humbly responding to” What are you doing here?” to naming I have given my all for you, and this is the result! The Spirit  draws Elijah into “passing on the torch” by anointing two kings and his own successor. Ronald Rolheiser omi, and Henri Nouwen both speak of  living our more senior years as a blessing. This Pentecost is drawing me into giving my life asway so others may have life. Living this all is the hardest yet.

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on June 12, 2022 at 12:16 pm #124897

Adiline, i will be praying for you if that is ok . last february, there were 2 weeks when it seemed like every waking hour i was confronted with anxious and despairing thoughts. there was no emergency, just a change of location which predictably us accompanyied by depression. during that time , it came to me that i was to “set the table for anxiety and depression. i set about making a collage with a table , chairs and 2 place settings.

take care. go gently. kathy

• Posted by tcf2_comcast_net on June 13, 2022 at 8:48 am #124909

Siam, Adeline, Linda, Tomanfness222, Kathleen.   Thank you for your posts.  No words for now.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.