Home › Forums › Word of the Week › Sessions › Sunday June 12: Tikkun Olam
- This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 months, 2 weeks ago by linda rhead.
- Sunday June 12: Tikkun Olam
[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-june12
[excerpt from email]: To Practice:
- Last week we heard that we can become instruments of God, radiating Love in the most ordinary circumstances of our lives, even in difficulties and diminishments of self. This week we are affirmed we are exactly what is needed to heal the world, at this moment in time, in the very circumstances of our lives. Living from this truth, what is mine to attend to?
- Continue intending to radiate Love into everything and everyone in your day – every email, every encounter, every dish, every phone call. Your Presence matters to the whole.
- Posted by Frank Pendola on June 12, 2022 at 10:42 am #124896
The word of the week and Contemplative Outreach has been a source of refreshment and inspiration.
This week I’m reminded that my very breath has become a constant reminder and homing device for me.
Like God in so many ways, my breathing can gently bring me back when I begin to slip or slide away from my awareness of God’s presence.
I need not be doing anything heroic or even “religious” or “spiritual”, just being where I am at the moment and doing what I’m doing.
Thanks for your presence here in this turbulent world.
- Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on June 12, 2022 at 12:32 pm #124898
here is what i wrote in my dediccation of my new sketchbook:
Dedicated to the core of goodness in each person as they enter the world. May each find goodness within.
may each be forgiven.
Miroslav Volf , a theologian from Croatia, says that there is a primorial goodness in the universe.
During the night, i was cranky this morning about the temperature in the room. this morning i told him that i am like a rabid dog in a cage. the cage is my rule of life. i know that i have the capacity to do the small sniveling things that people do and that disgust me. the bigger awful studff too. of course, the cage is my safe olace where love and mystery can flourish. and hopefully go out to others. i think a lot about not adding to the hurt in the world.
- Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on June 12, 2022 at 10:17 pm #124904
- Posted by tcf2_comcast_net on June 13, 2022 at 8:57 am #124910
- Posted by tomagness22_yahoo_com on June 13, 2022 at 3:46 pm #124914
Loved the Old Testament reading! Reflected on how I am, we all are ‘Words’, vis a vis, the beginning of John’s Gospel: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word is God.” Divine Spark, collective unconscious, ontological unconscious, courtesy of Jung, Keating and others, all point to my place in the world, past, present and to come. Grateful for dreams, in which God also wants to bring out he best in me, and everyone! Finally, the phrase, ..’delight in the human race’ ..is such a positive view of human nature and the created world. Even amidst the continuing barrage of snowflakes (cottonwood), we opened our swimming pool! Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
- Posted by csams13_aol_com on June 13, 2022 at 6:27 pm #124917
- Posted by Adeline Behm on June 14, 2022 at 5:12 pm #124973
This week’s reflection is clicking with the unfolding of my life; “We are exactly what’s needed”. I am living into “what’s needed to heal the world” in my own little space/place on this planet. The challenge is ” my very wounds enable making a difference”. How self centered I have been for so long. This journey into detachment of self will be challenged during this week into the next six months. The key “radiating love in the most ordinary circumstances”. “It is not all about me.”
- Posted by linda rhead on June 18, 2022 at 4:01 pm #125054
Sunday June 12: Tikkun Olam
This week my role as a broken vessel of God’s radiating love took me to the kitchen, preparing meals for those juggling life’s hecticness yet still yearning for healthy meals they don’t need to be concerned about preparing. From the midst of my own health challenges of brain fog and low energy, I can dance with Spirit and cook at the same time. Just remaining open to where God needs me, doing what I can, is all God asks of this dancer. Spirit’s dance fills me with joy. <3 linda
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.