Sunday July 5: Count the Cost

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday July 5: Count the Cost

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Sunday July 5: Count the Cost
    • Posted by pbegeman on July 5, 2020 at 12:50 am #106477

https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-july5

[excerpt from the email]: Only twice in the Gospel of Matthew does Jesus the Christ call to his Father: once in praise in today’s Gospel and once in supplication on the last night in the Garden. The first time he acknowledges the gracious will and at the second he begs this Will to choose otherwise for him – yet he bows to it. He calls us to be likened unto himself: meek and willing to prostrate ourselves when necessary.

What does this say for us today?

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on July 5, 2020 at 1:55 pm #106484

i am asked to rest in the space between hope and despair…just being here, now with what is as it is.

• Posted by carolyndgoddard_gmail_com on July 5, 2020 at 2:01 pm #106485

The times I am most given to turning in remembrance to God are times of great happiness and times of distress. What seems to be awakening in my recently is an openness to turn consciously toward Mystery more and more frequently.

I am also reminded of my need to seek help as I do go through difficult changes – times when I want God to take away the cup that is before me.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on July 6, 2020 at 3:54 pm #106506

That place of clinging with fear goes way back into my childhood ” of being forgotten, unnoticed”. The welcome prayer has been a blessing in my life, where I can hand over that place as often as the need arises. I just participated in a virtual Mass. It is “God’s continual “alluring”  that accompanies me into the descent and the countless “touchings the hem of Christ’s garment”. The path of ‘meekness’ has been/is a gradual descent. How often have I begged/do beg for courage…. as humility accompanies me.

Tonight I begin a virtual retreat through Queen’s House Retreat Centre in Saskatoon Saskatchewan where Father Ron Rolheiser is leading us into “Naming the present moment with its struggles, challenges and the invitation to be a blessings for others.”

• Posted by maryanne_third-force_org on July 8, 2020 at 8:09 pm #106571

“If you descend, you must descend all the way down.” The fear and uncertainty of it all is vast; yet, I am not alone. – Mary Anne B.

• Posted by linda rhead on July 27, 2020 at 7:44 pm #107039

Sunday, July 5: Count the Cost

If these past several months of pandemic isolation and reimagining a new normal have shown me is that nothing is worth holding on to that tightly. Even Father Keating taught not to hold tightly but allow God to place in my hands what God wills when God wills. I am in a liminal space: healing from a toxic work environment, forgiving and loving those who persecuted me. Now, new horizons beckon. I will remain as open as I can be, ready to descend all the way down and abide in the unknowing. Are we not abiding in unknowing already? linda<3

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.