Sunday July 3: A Channel of God’s Grace

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday July 3: A Channel of God’s Grace

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Sunday July 3: A Channel of God’s Grace
    • Posted by pbegeman on July 1, 2022 at 4:44 pm #125658

Practices: 

• Pray these passages again in the manner of Lectio Divina, aloud if possible, to include all the senses and to feel the vibrations in your body. What wisdom do you hear for your journey now? Is there a prayer that arises in your heart?
      • In trust, can you relax into God’s plan for you, without expectation, even without knowing what it might be?

You can read the full email here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-july3

• Posted by Susan Kenney on July 3, 2022 at 1:02 pm #125681

“Without imposing your ideas”. Last week, I made a big mistake. I tried to impose an inappropriate discipline on a meditative movement class offered to people with mental illness. In my displaced zeal, I forgot that the priority of the class is to offer an experience of “chi” or energy to whoever shows up.  Teaching specific movements is only secondary. Divine grace was at work, in spite of me. Thank God. Hopefully, I will remember to get out of the way next time.

• Posted by Jeannie L on July 4, 2022 at 11:44 pm #125699

Wow! The prayer by David Hawkins was beautiful.  A good prayer to begin and end my Centering Prayer with.

I also loved the quote from Father Keating: <i>The thing to rejoice in is that you are chosen to become divine and to join me in raising the consciousness of the world.</i>  It’s not casting out demons or calling down thunder or healing the sick that is most important, it’s letting myself be transformed by God.

Blessings

Jeannie

• Posted by linda rhead on July 5, 2022 at 12:19 am #125700

Sunday July 3: A Channel of God’s Grace

Can I relax into God’s plan for me, without expectation or knowing what it might be? Resounding yes! When I was a young Navy wife, I heard the following phrase directed at me quite a lot: you are on a need-to-know basis, and you don’t need to know. It is a miracle of God’s grace no traces of the anger, jealousy, or resentment I used to experience show themselves. It has, according to God’s wonderful sense of humor, become my mantra. My prayer: Lord, I don’t need to know. Use me to spread Your love to our world. Amen. <3 linda

• Posted by Susan Kenney on July 5, 2022 at 2:57 pm #125709

“ Wherever you land, be content. “. I often wonder:  why was I born in this time, in this place to these parents?  Perhaps a common question. I suppose one answers it day by day, year by year as one’s life unfolds. I am simply asked to trust and to be attentive to whatever is before me. Here. Now.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on July 5, 2022 at 11:05 pm #125726

Thank you, Linda, your phrase of “need to know basis”, a key to understanding my experience of June 2022. God’s “lure” (Hosea) “You duped me and I let myself be duped” (Jeremiah). Keating’s stages of transformation: 1) human effort – being willing(check off), 2)inadequate, unprepared, failure/humiliation private and public, (check off); slow descent into the pit of despair (God never let go, though I knew it not). Somewhere from in side me flowed up words , in my voice, of encouragement for each one  involved. It was as if we experienced the glue of the  Spirit, each in her own way. (No check mark this time), for I am in God’s world, God’s plan. I find myself in a new place of God’s doing. I am experiencing the most complete dependence on God ever….. The new( to me)/”glue-experience” continues. The Spirit… “seems to be encouraging a simplicity of being, to travel light physically, mentally and emotionally. a kind of leave-no-trace psychic footprint.” I am truly grateful that the Spirit takes care of my/our “psychic footprints; and will be there in making amends/in compassion/walking the path of “truth and Reconciliation”  with those on my/our path.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on July 5, 2022 at 11:12 pm #125727

Please pray for my niece, Cherie, who lost her life in violent assault. Prayers especially for my sister, her mother. We are all in shock, a homicide number attached to someone we know and love.

• Posted by pbegeman on July 6, 2022 at 1:50 pm #125736

Dear Adeline: I am so so sorry.  Prayers of grace and healing and justice. – Pamela

• Posted by carolyndgoddard_gmail_com on July 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm #125743

Dear Adeline – Prayers for you, Cherie and your sister. Please know I am holding all of you in my heart. I too am very sorry for this loss.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.