Home › Forums › Word of the Week › Sessions › Sunday July 3: A Channel of God’s Grace
- This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 3 weeks ago by carolyndgoddard_gmail_com.
- Sunday July 3: A Channel of God’s Grace
- Pray these passages again in the manner of Lectio Divina, aloud if possible, to include all the senses and to feel the vibrations in your body. What wisdom do you hear for your journey now? Is there a prayer that arises in your heart?
- In trust, can you relax into God’s plan for you, without expectation, even without knowing what it might be?
You can read the full email here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-july3
- Posted by Susan Kenney on July 3, 2022 at 1:02 pm #125681
“Without imposing your ideas”. Last week, I made a big mistake. I tried to impose an inappropriate discipline on a meditative movement class offered to people with mental illness. In my displaced zeal, I forgot that the priority of the class is to offer an experience of “chi” or energy to whoever shows up. Teaching specific movements is only secondary. Divine grace was at work, in spite of me. Thank God. Hopefully, I will remember to get out of the way next time.
Wow! The prayer by David Hawkins was beautiful. A good prayer to begin and end my Centering Prayer with.
I also loved the quote from Father Keating: <i>The thing to rejoice in is that you are chosen to become divine and to join me in raising the consciousness of the world.</i> It’s not casting out demons or calling down thunder or healing the sick that is most important, it’s letting myself be transformed by God.
- Posted by linda rhead on July 5, 2022 at 12:19 am #125700
Sunday July 3: A Channel of God’s Grace
Can I relax into God’s plan for me, without expectation or knowing what it might be? Resounding yes! When I was a young Navy wife, I heard the following phrase directed at me quite a lot: you are on a need-to-know basis, and you don’t need to know. It is a miracle of God’s grace no traces of the anger, jealousy, or resentment I used to experience show themselves. It has, according to God’s wonderful sense of humor, become my mantra. My prayer: Lord, I don’t need to know. Use me to spread Your love to our world. Amen. <3 linda
- Posted by Susan Kenney on July 5, 2022 at 2:57 pm #125709
- Posted by Adeline Behm on July 5, 2022 at 11:05 pm #125726
Thank you, Linda, your phrase of “need to know basis”, a key to understanding my experience of June 2022. God’s “lure” (Hosea) “You duped me and I let myself be duped” (Jeremiah). Keating’s stages of transformation: 1) human effort – being willing(check off), 2)inadequate, unprepared, failure/humiliation private and public, (check off); slow descent into the pit of despair (God never let go, though I knew it not). Somewhere from in side me flowed up words , in my voice, of encouragement for each one involved. It was as if we experienced the glue of the Spirit, each in her own way. (No check mark this time), for I am in God’s world, God’s plan. I find myself in a new place of God’s doing. I am experiencing the most complete dependence on God ever….. The new( to me)/”glue-experience” continues. The Spirit… “seems to be encouraging a simplicity of being, to travel light physically, mentally and emotionally. a kind of leave-no-trace psychic footprint.” I am truly grateful that the Spirit takes care of my/our “psychic footprints; and will be there in making amends/in compassion/walking the path of “truth and Reconciliation” with those on my/our path.
- Posted by Adeline Behm on July 5, 2022 at 11:12 pm #125727
Please pray for my niece, Cherie, who lost her life in violent assault. Prayers especially for my sister, her mother. We are all in shock, a homicide number attached to someone we know and love.
- Posted by carolyndgoddard_gmail_com on July 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm #125743
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.