Home › Forums › Word of the Week › Sessions › Sunday, July 26: Stepping Into The Unknown
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 8 months ago by Adeline Behm.
- Sunday, July 26: Stepping Into The Unknown
[excerpt from this week’s email]: Practice: According to Henri Nouwen, “To want to know God’s … purpose without regular prayer and engagement with Scripture and God’s people is like trying to bake a cake without assembling the various ingredients.” How are the practices of Centering Prayer, lectio divina, or participation in prayer groups nurturing equilibrium and discernment within your current life circumstances?
View full email here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-july26
- Posted by maryanne_third-force_org on July 26, 2020 at 10:53 pm #107006
- Posted by linda rhead on July 27, 2020 at 9:16 pm #107051
Sunday, July 26: Stepping Into The Unknown
How are the practices of Centering Prayer, lectio divina or participation in prayer groups nurturing equilibrium and discernment within my current life circumstances? I center almost every day. It has become my central grounding practice. I do pair this with lectio divina of either a Bible passage or writing from any of a half dozen daily meditations. Something always catches my soul and I ruminate on it throughout the day. These practices keep me grounded so I can go out, when I go out, and edify everyone I encounter. Being still helps maintain equilibrium, and whole hearted listening to the voice of God coming from the other aids discernment. linda<3
- Posted by Adeline Behm on July 30, 2020 at 3:56 pm #107138
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.