Sunday, July 26: Stepping Into The Unknown

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday, July 26: Stepping Into The Unknown

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Sunday, July 26: Stepping Into The Unknown
    • Posted by pbegeman on July 25, 2020 at 5:20 pm #106991

[excerpt from this week’s email]:  Practice: According to Henri Nouwen, “To want to know God’s … purpose without regular prayer and engagement with Scripture and God’s people is like trying to bake a cake without assembling the various ingredients.” How are the practices of Centering Prayer, lectio divina, or participation in prayer groups nurturing equilibrium and discernment within your current life circumstances?

View full email here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-july26

• Posted by maryanne_third-force_org on July 26, 2020 at 10:53 pm #107006

“Our prayers are directed to Another, who wants to turn us around, who longs to be present, and who is able to guide us.”

O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me.

That is enough.

• Posted by linda rhead on July 27, 2020 at 9:16 pm #107051

Sunday, July 26: Stepping Into The Unknown

How are the practices of Centering Prayer, lectio divina or participation in prayer groups nurturing equilibrium and discernment within my current life circumstances? I center almost every day. It has become my central grounding practice. I do pair this with lectio divina of either a Bible passage or writing from any of a half dozen daily meditations. Something always catches my soul and I ruminate on it throughout the day. These practices keep me grounded so I can go out, when I go out, and edify everyone I encounter. Being still helps maintain equilibrium, and whole hearted listening to the voice of God coming from the other aids discernment.  linda<3

• Posted by Adeline Behm on July 30, 2020 at 3:56 pm #107138

Centering Prayer in my life – pondering the image this week – C.P. is the place where what is help is not yet born. Covid 19 has opened for us the reality this pandemic is not the only one surfacing and speaking into our lives – racism is much alive in my life and surroundings and so I sit in C.P.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.