Sunday July 19: The Kingdom of Heaven is Like …

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday July 19: The Kingdom of Heaven is Like …

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Sunday July 19: The Kingdom of Heaven is Like …
    • Posted by pbegeman on July 18, 2020 at 5:21 pm #106811

https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-july19

[excerpt from this week’s message] “The parable was meant to change one’s ideas about the kingdom. … The kingdom of God manifests itself in the modest changes in our attitudes and the little improvements in our behavior. … Can we accept the God of everyday life? If we can, then we can enjoy the kingdom here and now, without having to wait for an apocalypse or someone to deliver us from our difficulties.”

-Thomas Keating, The Kingdom of God Is Like …

• Posted by linda rhead on July 27, 2020 at 8:57 pm #107049

Sunday, July 19: The Kingdom of Heaven is Like…

The Divine Presence is manifesting for me in my daily routine, which is not really a routine for as often as it changes according to the day’s requirements. I can plan and God giggles and says, “not today, linda, I have other plans for you.” To pray and then do the next practical thing is my best way to experience the Divine Presence.

I have experienced grace in an unexpected way. I have not seen family since Christmas. My brother had a job near us recently and we were able to meet him at a park, to connect with close family, chat a bit, cry with joy a bit, and feed our souls on the bread of love. Spirit met us all there and I am so thankful. Extremely glad to have had even a limited time together. linda <3

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.