Sunday January 29: Broken, Blessed, Given

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday January 29: Broken, Blessed, Given

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Sunday January 29: Broken, Blessed, Given
    • Posted by pbegeman on January 27, 2023 at 8:04 pm #131902

To Practice: Last week, we reflected on this statement- “It is not an enviable position, this Christian thing. Following Jesus is a vocation to share the fate of God for the life of the world. To allow what God for some reason allows … and to suffer ever so slightly what God suffers eternally.” Call to mind a painful time in your own life. What blessing or blessings do you now believe blossomed out of that experience? Write your own version of the beatitude: Blessed are those who (went through what I went through), for they will (experience whatever blessings I experienced through it).

You may wish to re-read the full email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-jan29

• Posted by maggierose1945 on January 29, 2023 at 3:01 pm #131954

blessed are the abandoned children because they will come into their own as beloved children of God who never abandons.

• Posted by mariatorres-santiago_msn_com on January 29, 2023 at 3:35 pm #131955

“Blessed are those who have suffered abuse, harassment, sexual abuse, disrespect, oppression, and contempt from their brothers, their mother and abandonment from their father, because they will wake up, they will be healed and they will heal others, they will be filled of God’s love in their lives, of blessings in abundance, of courage, humility, integrity, determination, wisdom, conscience, forgiveness.”

• Posted by linda rhead on January 29, 2023 at 7:34 pm #131964

Sunday January 29: Broken, Blessed, Given

“We too are blessed during difficult times because even then we are connected to and dwelling in the kingdom of heaven.” I call to mind the eighteen (and counting) times I have moved cross country, mostly without knowing ahead of time what our new domicile looked like. Painful times, especially the move away from our adult children. Blessings that have come out of those experiences have been different and exactly what we needed to bloom where we were planted, every time.

My beatitude: Blessed are those who move, for they shall become movers of Christ’s love.

<3 linda

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by linda rhead.
    • Posted by brrobinson on January 29, 2023 at 9:49 pm #131968

Blessed are those who are diagnosed with cancer for they will see the gifts and signs of life in everything around them,

• Posted by pbegeman on January 30, 2023 at 3:49 pm #131993

Love your beatitude! Thank you, Linda.

• Posted by pbegeman on January 30, 2023 at 3:52 pm #131994

All of these beatitudes are so beautiful … and true.  Such a mirror for the mysterious Love that permeates all situations. Thank you all. – Pamela

• Posted by Frances Ayres on January 31, 2023 at 3:34 pm #132029

As I journey through the breakup of my denomination, the picture reminded me of that break. I also saw that the house still stood, trees still grew around it, and maybe a bird was perched on its roof. Blessed are those who have lost their church home, for they shall know that their solid rock is the presence of God.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on February 1, 2023 at 3:55 pm #132055

Blessed those who experience the painful cracks in the house of the self,  for you are blessed with the gift of humiliation that allows  the grace-filled  LIGHT in.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.