Sunday January 23 – Becoming a Word of God

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday January 23 – Becoming a Word of God

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Sunday January 23 – Becoming a Word of God
    • Posted by pbegeman on January 21, 2022 at 8:39 pm #121004

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-jan23

[excerpt from email]: … Today’s Gospel offers us a description of listening to the word of God in order to become the anointed ones God intended us to be. To practice lectio divina is to listen for God within our lives and to fulfill the identity we are given, the messages we receive, throughout all of life. …

• Posted by MarleneOSB on January 23, 2022 at 12:45 pm #121026

If (and it’s a big “if”) I’m mindful/watchful enough as I go through the day, I’ll usually be amazed at how my morning Lectio Divina carries through the day.  Every day, Scripture is fulfilled in my hearing… deeper listening is the challenge.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on January 23, 2022 at 2:41 pm #121028

In the Old Testament, “ The people weep when they listen to the Law”. In the Psalm, “The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. “.  The law that we live by is a moral code,  clear yet loving and compassionate. As we spend time with this law, in silence, we allow it to speak to us in the here and now. As Jesus said, “Today this passage is fulfilled in your presence”.  “I came to make all things new. “.  The law: comforting in its permanence, challenging in its living.

• Posted by linda rhead on January 23, 2022 at 5:12 pm #121031

Sunday January 23: Becoming a Word of God

Sitting with today’s reflection, the Maria Tasto quote “learn how he [Jesus] responded to the needs of others” resonates. How can I better respond, not react? Silence stills my emotions most days and is a great start. Could I become more receptive? This week, I will sit with “learn how Jesus responds to the needs of others”. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on January 23, 2022 at 10:32 pm #121045

Last Friday I hosted a Zoom gathering of the Spiritual Directors affiliated with our retreat centre here in Saskatoon SK. This morning hearing the words of Jesus, “Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing”,   a Christophany light bulb took me back to our sharing Friday and echoing down through the centuries are the words of Jesus: “Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing.”. Sometimes I forget the power of these words used by Jesus the Christ continue to unfold in our lives and lives of those yet to be lived. We gather  as the anointed ones. So, as I begin this week I bow to you my companions, the anointed ones with a grateful heart.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on January 30, 2022 at 2:40 am #121196

Tonight I rest in God as this week slowly ebbs to an end. My week was like one of those snow globes you shake, now resting in God – all the particles have settled, now  present to the unfolding of this week that blurs into Presence -contentment and gratitude and trust in the mercy of God.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.