Sunday January 1: Pondering at Thresholds

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday January 1: Pondering at Thresholds

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Sunday January 1: Pondering at Thresholds
    • Posted by pbegeman on December 30, 2022 at 5:44 pm #130480

Practice

• As you read these passages, words to accompany you as the year turns, you are invited to conclude your reflections with this blessing extract from John O’Donohue’s New Year Blessing, Beanneacht:

“And so may a slow

Wind work these words

Of love around you,

An invisible cloak

To mind your life.” 

• The practice of discernment is useful for threshold times and the sense of new beginnings beckoning. If you feel called into a time of discernment, you may be interested in this 40-day discernment praxis booklet, found in our store in both digital PDF here and hardcopy here.

You may wish to re-read the full reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-jan1

• Posted by linda rhead on January 4, 2023 at 4:01 pm #130859

Sunday January 1: Pondering at Thresholds

As I begin a new year, I find myself drawing away from the concept of “goals to be attained” and deeper into the question “What threshold do I cross?” Goals assume I have total control in their completion – which I do not. The invitation to step over a new threshold holds the same energy, yet I alone can choose to stand, equilibrate or step as Spirit leads. The discernment praxis booklet comes highly recommended. John O’Donohue’s blessing will grace my creative space. <3 linda

• Posted by wilcoxmacdonald2587566 on January 6, 2023 at 4:11 am #130932

“As I begin a new year, I find myself drawing away from the concept of “goals to be attained” and deeper into the question “What threshold do I cross?” This is probably the same problem as you. There comes a time when the goals are unachievable I have no choice but to continue with it. Because it can be my hobby and passion.

____

lolbeans

• Posted by Susan Kenney on January 6, 2023 at 5:34 pm #131000

“Put your ear close to your soul and listen hard”. I found these words on a little piece of paper. I had written them quite awhile ago. I can’t remember where I found them, but they seem to be a good description of discernment. I ask myself what voices do  I listen to-?  Can I be still and silent long enough to hear my soul?  And, am I patient enough to remain on a threshold for as long as it takes to fully absorb the wisdom I need before crossing the threshold?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.