Sunday February 13: The Science of Love

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday February 13: The Science of Love

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday February 13: The Science of Love
    • Posted by pbegeman on February 10, 2022 at 10:21 pm #121453

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-feb13

[excerpt from email]: To Practice: Blessing is both an affirmation and a transmission. Practice blessing every person and circumstance this week.  If you feel resistant or triggered, engage the Welcoming Prayer practice to embody and “embrace this moment as it is.” You can read more about this practice here.

• Posted by linda rhead on February 14, 2022 at 4:38 pm #121565

Sunday February 13: The Science of Love

How blessed we are to be co-creators of human evolution. Via our centering prayer practice and with God’s grace, we heal ourselves of familial patterns of behavior which no longer serve us. Our loving circle includes ourselves, our ancestors, and generations to come. This is the toughest job we will ever love! <3 linda

• Posted by Susan Kenney on February 15, 2022 at 3:09 pm #121587

Today’s reading talks of a tree, stretching out its roots to the stream. I can be close to that living water but hesitate to stretch my roots into it. Perhaps, I am fearing transformation.

Also, the reading talks of living prayer. This morning I read a piece by Richard Rohr describing prayer as abiding in our deepest home and our widest consciousness. That tells me that I can be deeply aware of the presence of the divine and, at the same time, be conscious of this world I live in, with all of its troubles and possibilities.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on February 15, 2022 at 3:54 pm #121590

Following the overpowering experience of the ocean waves last week another batch of evacuation is taking place, the blessings of memory took me back to a time when I was 10-12,48,56….. a further revelation of my divided heart. I am experiencing the blessing of the welcome prayer and the Litany of Humility. I am enveloped into the ebb and flow of “mercy, mercy, mer-cy. Waking from a dream this morning where I am coming back from a long trip/stay, I am welcomed by a gentleman I never met before, but who is genuinely showing his affection for me. The dream fades as I  am taking it on all in, gazing into this new unexpected welcome. I am welcoming memories needing healing and memories of affirmation. Thanks, Susan, “That tells me that I can be deeply aware of the presence of the divine and, at the same time, be conscious of this world I live in, with all of its troubles and possibilities.”

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Adeline Behm.
    • Posted by Adeline Behm on February 19, 2022 at 10:14 pm #121784

As this week comes to a close, interesting awareness  of blessing each person; for some for whom I hesitated, I noted  an unaware attachment to approval/non approval. Grateful for the simplicity of the welcome prayer.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.