Sunday February 12: Greet Yourself Arriving

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday February 12: Greet Yourself Arriving

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Sunday February 12: Greet Yourself Arriving
    • Posted by pbegeman on February 9, 2023 at 8:53 pm #132600

To Practice: Self-awareness is a skill that can be nurtured. A contemplative practice that cultivates this skill is examining consciousness – time spent at your own door, in your own mirror. The invitation is to set aside a few minutes at various times of the day to reflect on a specific action or attitude and any internal commentaries. Can you identify a familiar pattern? An underlying motivation? Be an uncritical observing witness to all that is revealed.

You may re-read the full email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-feb12

• Posted by linda rhead on February 12, 2023 at 5:57 pm #132870

Sunday February 12: Greet Yourself Arriving

While utilizing examining consciousness with journaling, I can sit quietly and allow names of emotions/motives to come that I need to explore deeper and unlock my motivations behind them. I agree that insights about myself are humiliating, yet it is in the embracing of those humiliations that I acknowledge my shadow and bring it to light; a turning away from hiding and toward my true nature. This process is ongoing and lifelong and so worth it. <3 linda

• Posted by pbegeman on February 13, 2023 at 5:03 pm #132899

Thank you, Linda.  I agree that honest self-examination is so worth it, and even generative and life-giving. – Pamela

• Posted by Adeline Behm on February 18, 2023 at 11:45 pm #133152

I am living in a strange liminal kind of space; no longer on the threshold; the beyond is not visible, the next step has been taken,  dying lingers, but it is not me focusing on correcting a behavior, the correction is happening. an empowerment not of my doing, the empowerment of waiting. I have left behind “figuring it out” and I am okay; more okay than I have ever been. I am accepting the cost to the self that is not me.

This morning I joined some one hundred fifty persons gathered around on Becoming a Trauma Reformed Church.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.