Sunday December 6: The Mild Light of Radiant Fulfillment

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday December 6: The Mild Light of Radiant Fulfillment

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Sunday December 6: The Mild Light of Radiant Fulfillment
    • Posted by pbegeman on December 6, 2020 at 1:23 am #110303

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-dec6

[excerpt from email]: There shines on us the first mild light of the radiant fulfillment to come. From afar sound the first notes as of pipes and singing … not yet discernible as a song or melody; it is all far off still, and only just announced and foretold. But it is happening. This is today. And tomorrow the angels will tell what has happened with loud rejoicing voices, and we shall know it and be glad, if we have believed and trusted in Advent.” – Alfred Delp, When The Time Was Fulfilled

To Practice
      – If you have created an Advent wreath, light the second candle – in peace. Each day you may wish to light the candle before your Centering Prayer practice.

– Is your heart troubled, hesitant, doubting? This is the time of quiet, promise, listening deeply, choosing peace. Allow this lovely poem to wash over your heart:

O Simplicitas

An angel came to me
      and I was unprepared
      to be what God was using.
      Mother I was to be.
      A moment I despaired,
      thought briefly of refusing.
      The angel knew I heard.
      According to God’s Word
      I bowed to this strange choosing.

– Madeleine L’Engle, The Ordering of Love

• Posted by mrickus on December 6, 2020 at 9:42 pm #110313

The poem above reminds me, a man, that I can be a mother too, when I take responsibility, especially for one or many who depend on me for love and life. Meister Eckhart writes that all people can be or are mothers when they give birth to or nurture something or somebody. Good poem.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on December 9, 2020 at 11:04 am #110372

“Comfort. Give my people comfort. “. Advent is a season of promise. And the promise of comfort during these times touches a communal longing. During these dark months of the pandemic, the racial unrest, the poverty, the uncertainty, we seek comfort. And so we wait. Wait for that first glimmer of light. The light that tells us that our waiting is coming to an end. That comfort will be ours to receive and to share.

• Posted by linda rhead on December 12, 2020 at 9:47 pm #110460

Sunday December 6: The Mild Light of Radiant Fulfillment

When I was a young woman, I had my life mapped out – I used to be a planning machine. God intervened and overlaid God’s plan for me, and sometimes I obeyed better than others.

Now, I am fully submitted to God’s presence and action within me, and to God’s plan for my life. I will once again plan goals for 2021, all according to God’s will, and I will “bow to this strange choosing.” <3 linda

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.