Sunday December 4: Midwives to The Inner Well

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday December 4: Midwives to The Inner Well

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Sunday December 4: Midwives to The Inner Well
    • Posted by pbegeman on December 2, 2022 at 2:20 pm #129787

Practice: Mark Geard’s, Thresholds “is a series of paintings representing a journey inward to a space or threshold between the world of sense events and spiritual encounter. Through creating, or even observing a painting, we have the possibility of weaving forwards and backwards over this threshold.” He suggests that “the unfolding of colour may unlock and expose feelings, sensations and awakenings of soul content and knowledge …” Gaze upon the image included in the email in the manner of visio divina, noticing the awakenings that might be birthed within your soul.

You may read the full email reflection here, as well as view the image mentioned above: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-dec4

• Posted by Susan Kenney on December 4, 2022 at 9:39 am #129819

“We can midwife what is trying to come into consciousness”. Years ago, I joined 20 other people in a sweat lodge experience meant to be a reliving of one’s birth. Much of that experience seemed to mimic my own birth.  I was born by caesarean and I have been told that those of us born this way will continue to birth ourselves.  I can still remember being lifted out of the sweat lodge, not knowing who helped me and not sure if I wanted to remain inside or come outside where it seemed cold and lonely. So it is with a spiritual rebirth -often met with hesitation and reluctance at first.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on December 4, 2022 at 8:45 pm #129826

Into my awareness from some hidden place within, pops up a  disappointment of here we go another Advent, I “welcome prayer” this disappointment. All my security buttons on red alert , one little consenting nudge followed by another, then another, on the way to embracing this now-Advent-moment. I consent to being  guided into  this  sacred plunge, not into the dark abyss of my ego-self, but into that inner well where love and mercy reside. My first glimpse at Geard’s image drawing me…..

• Posted by linda rhead on December 15, 2022 at 9:43 pm #130117

Sunday December 4: Midwives to The Inner Well

Gazing upon Mark Geard’s “Thresholds” I see a pair of hands cupping the inner, brighter central light. Protecting the new soul-life coming forth, providing calm guidance to a soul entering tenuous new territory. Hands of Love, guide me on my soul-life journey. Amen. <3 linda

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.