Sunday December 27: The Waiting is Over

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday December 27: The Waiting is Over

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday December 27: The Waiting is Over
    • Posted by pbegeman on December 26, 2020 at 8:52 pm #110723

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-dec27

[excerpt from email]: “As God brings the ‘new creation’ to life in interior silence, that is to say, the new you, the worldview that Christ shares in deep silence … becomes more important than our own. Then God asks us to live that new life in the circumstances of everyday life, contradicted by turmoil, opposition and anxieties of all kinds.” – Thomas Keating, Open Mind, Open Heart

To Practice: We affirm that Divine Life has been poured into creation, poured into all humanity. During the upcoming week, be attentive to where you see that Life, that Light, that Love being made manifest – in creation, in others, within yourself.

• Posted by Johanna Ash on December 27, 2020 at 1:46 pm #110729

When I was much younger, I thought Simeon and Anna were Jesus’ grandparents.  Now I recognize them as what the Bible calls them, people of God and Spirit active in community.  Role models for our work ahead.

• Posted by linda rhead on December 28, 2020 at 7:23 pm #110742

Sunday December 27: The Waiting Is Over

Creation blessed eastern TN with Divine Life with a beautiful white Christmas, and temperatures mild enough to walk river paths last weekend. FaceTime calls with our children shone their Divine Light to us. What precious gifts our sons and their wives are to us. I organize a new home office location and set 2021 goals in the days ahead, trusting Divine Love via my contemplative vocation will direct my efforts. What a wonder-filled way to close the year. Thank You, Abba. Amen. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on December 28, 2020 at 8:38 pm #110743

Here in Saskatchewan Canada the darkest is 7 hours 43 minutes. As of today December 28 we have gained  2 minutes hardly noticeable on our way to 17 plus hours of daylight. On December 21 we were fortunate to see the convergence of Saturn and Jupiter, a very bright globe in our southern sky, the first time in 800 years, the Christmas star 2020. We are the present day Simeon’s and Anna’s who keep vigil. Today I join all in affirming that Divine Life has been poured into creation.

I am very grateful to have received Word of the Week 2020. I am hoping thinto 2021 is is continuing.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on December 29, 2020 at 11:03 pm #110771

“This is not a privatized journey”. I became acquainted with Word of the Week in mid March.  With many of the traditional worship services temporarily discontinued, it seemed like a good time to explore alternatives. I assumed that participating in a prayer group on Zoom would feel lonely. How wrong I was!  I quickly realized that I could feel the silence of the others, regardless of where they were physically located. Week after week, I felt the communal silence and the support of people  I had never met in person.  It became clear that my journey was their journey, a journey shared by all creation. That realization has been the greatest and most surprising gift of this most difficult and unique time. I am grateful to each person who has been part of this gift.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.