Sunday December 25: The Word Made Flesh

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday December 25: The Word Made Flesh

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday December 25: The Word Made Flesh
    • Posted by pbegeman on December 23, 2022 at 3:28 pm #130283

To Practice:

Read the following two sentences. Then invite the words into the silence of your heart and wait for them to speak to you.

“And so we see, God is not

until God is born.

And also we see

there is no end to the birth of God.”

– D.H. Lawrence, God is Born

You may wish to re-read the full reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-dec25

A blessed Christmas season!

• Posted by wilcoxmacdonald2587566 on December 30, 2022 at 10:03 am #130468

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Christmas passed away in peace and happiness. Hopefully in the coming years we will also enjoy Christmas with our loved ones.</p>
      <p style=”text-align: right;”>lolbeans</p>

• Posted by linda rhead on December 30, 2022 at 4:01 pm #130474

Sunday December 25: The Word Made Flesh

As the shepherds were doing their “day job” when they encountered the angel, we never know when an angel encounter will happen in our lives. Was she in the form of co-worker, along during Christmas and invited to share a meal? Perhaps he was the UPS driver, arriving after dark, and when met halfway said I was the first customer to do so. Christ is born when we ger still, acknowledging our private disappointments and public joys. Mary, too, must have been privately disappointed at the delivery room, then publicly joyful when the shepherds came. May I be in tune to angels around me this season. <3 linda

• Posted by Susan Kenney on December 30, 2022 at 5:07 pm #130477

Two thoughts. Birthing Christ is radically different from recognizing Christ and following Christ. Birthing, difficult as it might be, is just the beginning. We must not retire and nourish what we have birthed.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on December 30, 2022 at 10:00 pm #130734

I am just checking to see if I can post now

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.