Sunday December 11: Are You The One?

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday December 11: Are You The One?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday December 11: Are You The One?
    • Posted by pbegeman on December 9, 2022 at 2:34 pm #129973

To Practice:

• In An Altar in the World, Barbara Brown Taylor writes, “Blessing prayers do not overlook … complexities or the pain and suffering … They simply decline to adjudicate it. Rightly or not … given a choice between a blessing and a curse, a blessing will do more to improve air quality.” This week take whatever opportunities present themselves to bless others who you encounter.
      • Music, like art, can efface the thin membrane between “the world of sense events and spiritual encounter” (Mark Geard, last week’s email). Perhaps this week, you might listen to this music piece – or one of your own choosing — as a way of opening yourself to the Divine Presence, growing within you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO7ySn-Swwc. You may also find this selection on Spotify or other music platforms.

You may read the full email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-dec11

• Posted by Brenda Bayne on December 12, 2022 at 10:35 pm #130030

Thank you for this sublime music, my heart soared and tears came to my eyes.  A blessing indeed.
      I aim to do my best to “improve the air quality” by remembering to bless as I go thru each day.
      As always, deep gratitude for these Word of the Week emails and zoom sessions, they challenge and enrich how I am in daily life.

• Posted by linda rhead on December 15, 2022 at 9:51 pm #130119

Sunday December 11: Are You The One?

As we draw nearer to holidays religious and secular, I encounter many opportunities to bless. A customer service manager at my grocery store thanked me for being that customer who is always pleasant every week, as her eyes reflect her tiredness with assisting those in need of blessing. So I bless them. A difficult set of work situations pounced upon my spouse this week. I found myself saying “I am trying to bless your boss and co-workers in their work integrity and ingenuity.” I’m asking God to explain to my spouse how these situations are to birth new life in the workplace. We trust God has us. We move forward with blessing – they do clear the air of despondency. <3 linda

• Posted by joynerparsons8791331 on January 6, 2023 at 4:19 am #130933

God will always bless everyone. We always have to move forward because life never comes back. Be brave to face what we are about to go through. God will always be with us.

we become what we behold

• Posted by denisakadlecova on January 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm #131479

God will always bless everyone. We always have to move forward because life never comes back. Be brave to face what we are about to go through. God will always be with us.

Reading your comment, this verse came to my mind:

He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly, I will sing your praises.” – Hebrews 2:12 (1212 angel number biblical meaning)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.