Sunday August 7 – A Shift of Presence

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday August 7 – A Shift of Presence

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday August 7 – A Shift of Presence
    • Posted by pbegeman on August 5, 2022 at 4:14 pm #127099

To Practice: 

• Examen: Hold today’s readings and reflections up to your own life. Practice attentiveness and gratitude for what you’ve been given and entrusted with. This could be a daily practice first thing in the morning.
      • You may wish to pray Psalm 118 first thing in the morning and the compline prayer as the last words on your lips at night. Or take a phrase as an active prayer sentence.

The full email reflection can be found here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-aug7

• Posted by Susan Kenney on August 7, 2022 at 12:13 pm #127144

A Shift in Presence:  A documentary on the early days of the war in Ukraine showed a father and daughter falling asleep in one of the underground shelters. The lyrics to a kind of lullaby included: “Madness was transformed into tenderness.  With every breath we drew closer together. That’s love’s indescribable tenderness. There’s nothing permanent in this world. But my love is eternal.  “. The people of Ukraine have given us a powerful AND tender example of how to be present to each other in the midst of constant fear and disruption.

• Posted by kirnfatomfallon on August 7, 2022 at 7:00 pm #127147

Eckhart Tolle calls the present moment the narrow gate referred to in the gospels.  Staying in the moment, that is being aware of God’s presence is the key to life.

The beauty of centering prayer is developing the practice of bringing our awareness back to a non specific field of awareness.

This was a very encouraging word for me today.

Thank you _ God bless

• Posted by Susan Kenney on August 10, 2022 at 11:17 pm #127213

“With sure knowledge”  I think that each of us is born knowing our divinity   But we quickly forget. It seems that it takes a life time of remembering to return to that first knowing   The remembering has suffering, confusion, boredom and quite amazing surprises   In a strange way, I am glad that I forgot, just so I could have the experience of remembering

• Posted by linda rhead on August 11, 2022 at 8:23 pm #127293

Sunday August 7: A Shift of Presence

In this season of life, I am practicing attentiveness and gratitude as far as my health is concerned. As medications are adjusted, I am aware of changes to energy, focus and a variety of temporary limits on physical abilities, for which I thank God each dawn. I am present again, thank You Lord. Use me. This is what is, let me rejoice and be glad. <3 linda

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.