Sunday August 2: Unexpected, Unearned, Simply Given … 

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday August 2: Unexpected, Unearned, Simply Given … 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Sunday August 2: Unexpected, Unearned, Simply Given … 
    • Posted by pbegeman on August 2, 2020 at 2:02 am #107170

[full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-aug2

[excerpt from the email]: “The most daring and revolutionary concept known to the human race is that God is not only the creative mind and spirit at the core of the universe but that God … is love. … This is the great disclosure: that there is at the heart of life a Heart. … [And further] there is a secret door which leads into the central place where the Creator of life and the God of the human heart are one and the same.”
      – Howard Thurman, With Head and Heart

Examen: Where are you discovering  the unexpected, the unearned, the simply given?

• Posted by linda rhead on August 2, 2020 at 4:10 pm #107175

Sunday, August 2: Unexpected, Unearned, Simply Given…

Where am I discovering the unexpected, the unearned, the simply given? Present moment. Right here. Right now. The joy of being able to put pen to paper and write, to manipulate keyboard and computer to post this reflection. God in me connecting with God in you and greeting as Mary and Elizabeth. Interconnectedness with all, especially identifying with each other’s pain. I am in the process of discerning a writing call and using my healed painful experiences to bring healing to the world – or to just one other person. What this looks like is not clear, except I am taking “As It Is: Spiritual Journaling 2020” course to help me through this process. Trusting God completely. Staying as centered in joy amidst the chaos of life as I am able because joy is also unexpected, unearned, and simply given. linda <3

• Posted by mcgulke_gmail_com on August 2, 2020 at 6:36 pm #107180

Howard Thurman’s meditation reminds me of Fr. Thomas Keating fragment video “You and the Other (with a capital O)”.   Fr Thomas invites us to have a significant real conviction, first that there is a Power Supreme or God or the Other with a capital “O” second that we try to become the Other, and finally, to realize that there is no Other, we and the Other are ONE, always have been, always will be. We just still thinking that we aren’t.  It is amazing when I stop for a while and realize the meaning of these words. It makes me feel so joyful thinking that my heart is God’s heart, and with that conscious, when I give love with all my heart is God who is giving that love using me. I pray to be more aware of this awakening mystery. Myrna

• Posted by Alita on August 3, 2020 at 5:22 pm #107191

Where am I discovering the unexpected, the unearned, the simply given?
      min the unconditional love of friends and family that I didn’t really recognized as deep as now. I have cancer and all this people have been “carrying” me With their love. Love. With the heart of the Father manifested trough each and every one of them

• Posted by Adeline Behm on August 8, 2020 at 9:19 pm #107303

Unexpected, unearned, simply given…..

This week, the Transfiguration took me way back to May 1987 I am in Israel, we are up on the Mount of the Transfiguration I am mysteriously drawn apart,( a risky thing to do – the others have gone to the olive press) there soaking in the sun gazing out on the wide panorama to the right down into Egypt , to the left down through the Euphrates and far beyond. My whole being is enveloped, similar to my foundational experiences growing up the prairies , this time the wide sky with moving clouds – totally gratuitous, unexpected, simply given…..

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Adeline Behm.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.