Sunday August 16: Crossing Boundaries to Get to Another’s Side

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday August 16: Crossing Boundaries to Get to Another’s Side

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Sunday August 16: Crossing Boundaries to Get to Another’s Side
    • Posted by pbegeman on August 12, 2020 at 8:01 pm #107378

[full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-aug16

[excerpt from email]: “It is love that seeks to form each of us into ever greater conformity with God’s own goodness, and that therefore tirelessly enjoins us to seek to cultivate in ourselves – in n thought, word, and deed – love for our neighbor, and for all our fellow creatures, as unstinting as God’s own. It calls us to an ever-greater communion with one another, with all those whose lives we touch, with the fullness of creation, and thus with God who is the creator of all … It is humanity’s vocation not merely to accept – but rather to bless, elevate, and transfigure – this world, so that its intrinsic goodness may be revealed even amidst its fallenness.”
      – Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, For the Life of the World

Examen: In the Word of the Week Prayer Chapels, we often enter into prayer with these words: “My Lord and my God, take from me everything that distances me from you. My Lord and my God, give me everything that brings me closer to you.” Christ teaches us that love of God and love of neighbor are intertwined. What distances you from others? What do you need to bring you closer to others?

• Posted by linda rhead on August 16, 2020 at 4:24 pm #107745

Sunday, August 16: Crossing Boundaries to Get to Another’s Side

What distances me from others? For the moment physical distancing restrictions. It keeps me separated not only from another’s side with whom I am not familiar, but keeps me from the side of those I do know. I go out once a week and am determined to be a calm, uplifting presence to all I encounter.

What do I need to bring me closer to others? Connection opportunities. I’m still trying to find my way around a new locale; more time for familiarization will help increase occasions for connecting. <3 linda

• Posted by Martha O’Brien on August 16, 2020 at 9:01 pm #107769

What distances me from others is my lack of compassion resulting in judgment. Once Pamela Begeman said “May the energy of judgment return to me as compassion and humility.” I remember how that landed in my heart.​ If I can see reverence and beauty in others that might guide me to more compassion and mercy. ~Martha

• Posted by maryanne_third-force_org on August 17, 2020 at 9:47 pm #107826

What do I need to be closer to others? Simply remembering the affirmation: Be love. In all matters, with all people. Be love. No subject, no object. Be love. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.