Sunday April 18: Practicing Resurrection

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday April 18: Practicing Resurrection

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Sunday April 18: Practicing Resurrection
    • Posted by pbegeman on April 16, 2021 at 7:52 pm #113757

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-apr18

[excerpt from email]: This journey is not a special or pious endeavor – it is practical, is it daily, it is gritty, it is ordinary. Thomas Keating emphasized that daily life is the practice for householders, where Centering Prayer and our other practices matter.  Where are you called to practice resurrection in the circumstances of your life, as it is?

• Posted by linda rhead on April 18, 2021 at 1:05 pm #113782

Sunday April 18: Practicing Resurrection

Father Keating states that the spiritual journey is carried out in daily life. In doing the mundane tasks with extraordinary love, when no one is watching, I embody the resurrection: dying to approval and recognition and living to make God smile. Life as it is means a lot of being home and caring for it as I would if planning for holy visitors. It means caring for myself to exercise daily, pray, nourish body and mind with wholesome content for health and growth…like these devotions. Day in and out, whether I want to, is fidelity to the practice and dying to self. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on April 24, 2021 at 6:45 pm #113906

Where am I called to Resurrection in the practical circumstances in my life during this our second Easter in pandemic times? Reaching out to extended family as a favorite cousin, age 70, ravaged by a fast moving aggressive cancer; a listening presence to someone in the deep hole of depression moving from despair to gradual movements into light; family sharings of Easter’s past…..touching in with other spiritual directors accompanying those bruise by covid 19; savoring the simple moments of joy/delight when actually getting to see your doctor face to face, behind a mask, of course touching into over looked signs of care.

Though this wasn’t one of the proposed scriptures this week it just popped Friday lingering to this moment:

Welcome one another, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. Rom 15:3 No fanfare, just a simple touching into my spirit.

I now join the live streaming of Donald’s funeral, a much loved cousin.

• Posted by pbegeman on April 28, 2021 at 5:15 pm #114013

Sr. Behm: So glad to know your Beingness is in the world sharing Divine Love is simple and practical ways.  And so glad you are part of the Word of the Week community! – Pamela

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.