Sunday April 17: Two Movements of Resurrection

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday April 17: Two Movements of Resurrection

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Sunday April 17: Two Movements of Resurrection
    • Posted by pbegeman on April 14, 2022 at 8:25 pm #123124

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-apr17

[excerpt from email]: To Practice: Last week, we reflected on “the fullness of the moment,” on “suffering transformed to acceptance, acceptance to peace.” As you celebrate the fullness of this Easter moment, consider the gifts, the healings, the new life you have been given. Pray that you may carry these gifts back into the world.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on April 17, 2022 at 10:50 am #123149

Dying and rising can happen at the same time, in the same world, in our own hearts. Within every death is a resurrection, whether it be within the Jesus of history or the Christ throughout history. By being present to the daily dyings in our world – dyings due to war or poverty or displacement – we become present to the risings – risings of human consciousness and compassion. We can sing “alleluia” even as tears flow from our hearts.

• Posted by pbegeman on April 18, 2022 at 3:04 pm #123176

So true and so beautifully written, Sue. The paradoxes and opposites merge and become one experience of alleluia.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on April 17, 2022 at 9:05 pm #123161

The experience of Triduum 2022 though entirely virtual,  with a congregation with whom I have deep roots going back to 1977-86, drew me into the result of pandemic life, a lamentation hangover perhaps. Last night it meant I went to bed 2 hours later than normal. Unbeknown to me, this morning I turned off my alarm and promptly went in to a 2 hour dream where coming out of it I am praying the Welcome Prayer. This continues for some time in semi-sleep, till I am awaked into time after time recalling  past event  for which I enter into the Welcome Prayer each time. When this comes to an end I am filled with gratitude ready to begin my day,  ready for the alarm. It is then I realized the over riding of the Spirit. A cursory glimpse of the photo for this week, that is Adeline on the swing. My foundational experience of God 80+ years ago; enveloped in the immense sky of changing clouds. Then there would have been no flowers as depicted by Billy Renkl. But that doesn’t mean on this day there aren’t any, But I was safe, cherished.

• Posted by pbegeman on April 18, 2022 at 3:00 pm #123175

Adeline: Your sharing is so powerful and mystically rich. I appreciate your capacity to describe your ineffable journey deeper into Spirit. It’s clear your intention and consent has a created a powerful field of surrender and willingness, where the prayers are praying you on ever-deeper levels. – Pamela

• Posted by linda rhead on April 19, 2022 at 11:13 am #123207

Sunday April 17: Two Movements of Resurrection

Christ is risen! Christ is risen indeed! How can I bear the Christ risen in me to a world needing light? First, I nurture the flame of Love with daily centering prayer practice. Then, I trust whatever next practical thing I do is God’s will for me. Household chores, posting reflections here, celebrating Easter with family…all to God’s glory and my joy (to paraphrase Thomas Merton). <3 linda

• Posted by Susan Kenney on April 21, 2022 at 1:51 pm #123314

Inner and Outer Resurrections are mutual. I must enter the silence and come to know my own resurrection. Then I must enter the world and come to know the resurrections all  around me.   The inner work informs the outer. The outer work informs the inner. And so on. Like a swing.
      I can remember swinging as a child with some of my friends. We would purposely create disorientation, often by tilting our heads back as the swing was descending. Trying the same thing as an adult made me feel sick to my stomach. Perhaps as children, disorientation is mysterious, invigorating while as adults it becomes upsetting.  Hmmmmm

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Susan Kenney. Reason: Typos
    • Posted by Adeline Behm on April 21, 2022 at 9:10 pm #123336

Further to my sharing on Easter Sunday – ‘lamentation hangover’ has its roots in my childhood, my learned ‘hyper vigilance’ where the mitigating factors of poverty, first generation having fled unbearable situations in Eastern Europe via Argentine, many of the elders still checking out are we safe here, prairie winters so much colder than where they came from, have been played out over and over in my life since then. With each remembered situation last Sunday morning, followed by the Welcome Prayer till lay open God’s presence within, a new awareness of belonging to God and through the Triduum 2022 a deeper knowing of the gift of the suffering, death to the resurrection of Jesus. Yes, as Beatrice Bruteau says “a new new level of  awareness of ‘being sent’ where this childhood ‘hyper vigilance’ is being set free. The path ahead is one of sorrowing, so much hurt that needs to be named, ‘walked with” on this path to reconciliation (to fullness of life). I am so grateful to have  50 chronos days to plumb the depths of the One kairos Easter day this 2022.

• Posted by Adeline Behm on April 22, 2022 at 2:05 pm #123363

A mysterious pop-in or pop-up this morning, my sharing  for February 12: Beginning as such  an overpowering experience of the waves I wanted to escape, but something in me prompted me to stay until it gave me its name; it’s name lamentation. I am in a swirl of lamentation, so much lamentation, named and unnamed, discombobulated, until perhaps 40 minutes later , the ebb and flow  of mercy, mer-cy; I am in the strong steady embrace of MERCY. Have I been as Rilke says: to limits of my longing, where wrapped in ‘mercy upon mercy, upon mercy’  there is a path through lamentation cries of my city, my province, my country, my heart?”

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.