Sunday April 11: “My Lord and My God”

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday April 11: “My Lord and My God”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Sunday April 11: “My Lord and My God”
    • Posted by pbegeman on April 7, 2021 at 4:22 pm #113591

[link to full email]: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-apr11

[excerpt from email]: Practice:  In our Centering Prayer practice, we sit powerless; it is a prayer of letting go and of letting things be. In the Welcoming Prayer practice, we can welcome the presence of God into our experience of powerlessness. We then deepen the welcoming by affirming, “I let go of my desire for security, affection, control (power) and embrace this moment as it is.”  Make an intention this week to let go of limited perspectives as you practice Centering Prayer and Welcoming Prayer.

You may also wish to pray this prayer as a vestibule to your practice or as an intention for each day:

My Lord and my God, take from me everything that distances me from you.
      My Lord and my God, give me everything that brings me closer to you.
      My Lord and my God, detach me from myself to give my all to you.
      – Nicholas of Flue

• Posted by linda rhead on April 11, 2021 at 8:50 pm #113665

Sunday April 11: “My Lord and My God”

The beauty of combining a centering prayer practice with the Welcoming Prayer is the ability to let go of judgment of a particular situation (event, person). Gazing on it with the eyes of Divine Love, I respond as led by the Holy Spirit. Centering prayer allows me to see which of the emotional centers was triggered. Welcoming prayer lets me attempt to respond in love. Not perfectly, yet lovingly attempted. <3 linda

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.