To Mary Anne Best …

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions To Mary Anne Best …

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • To Mary Anne Best …
    • Posted by pbegeman on December 13, 2020 at 1:25 am #110463

Post your reflections and messages for Mary Anne Best, who is retiring from her Contemplative Outreach staff position and principal creator, writer and facilitator of the Word of the Week program.

• Posted by carolyndgoddard_gmail_com on December 13, 2020 at 1:17 pm #110470

Mary Anne has been an inspiration, a mentor, an messenger of the divine to me.
      I know that such people leave a handprint on our hearts, a fragrance in our souls.
      Simply saying “Thank you” to Mary Anne seems inadequate – yet that is the way on the spiritual journey, isn’t it?
      We are given so much more than we can ever give back – Thank you Mary Anne. God is with you –
      and you will remain with me.

• Posted by Frances Ayres on December 13, 2020 at 5:05 pm #110473

I came to centering prayer late in life. Attending a CP retreat in Tennessee a few years ago with Mary Anne was such a blessing to me. I wish you the best in your retirement, and may the One who gives us everything continue to be the guiding Presence in your life.

• Posted by Christine Kesans on December 13, 2020 at 11:12 pm #110481

Mary Anne your  gentle spirit and thoughtful words have touched me at the deepest level. it has been wonderful to journey with you through the Word of the Week, and Spirituality and Practice . One of the best decisions I ever made was to join in the zoom meetings learning and sitting underneath your guidance has given me great joy- no words can express my gratitude, yet I still say those simple words THANK YOU! and hope you feel the deep gratitude of my heart. May the Beloved bless and keep you.

• Posted by maryanne_third-force_org on December 14, 2020 at 4:03 pm #110493

Dear Christine,

Thank you for your thoughtful and gracious message. Being a part of this circle is a great and astounding blessing for me. Truly, the presence of God is among us. I am deeply grateful to journey with you and can feel the beauty of your presence and being.

Mary Anne

• Posted by Susan Kenney on December 13, 2020 at 11:30 pm #110483

Mary Anne,

You were the first person to greet me when I ventured into Word of the Week in mid March. A friend had told me about it, so I took a chance. All of this was new to me: the 25 minutes of centering prayer, the lectio and the sharing. All done in a envelope of silence   I was taken aback when I realized that I could feel the  silence of the others.  Then I was reminded that prayer is energy and it knows no barriers of time or place. After that first time, I could not stay away. The 25 minutes was a struggle for me since I am a person of movement and words. Gradually, I was able to surrender to the quiet within. So, please know that your gentle welcome and  the depth of your own silence made a big difference. And I have registered for the Contemplative Writing  Course beginning next month. Writing is an important part of my journey and, with 9 months of Word of the Week as a starting point, I am feeling ready. So, many thanks for the person you are and the difference you have made in my life. I shall miss you on the Zoom screen.  But, I trust I will meet you in the silence.

• Posted by maryanne_third-force_org on December 14, 2020 at 4:07 pm #110494

Dear Susan,

Thank you for your thoughtful and gracious message. Writing based upon the words of Scripture is a great gift to me and an integral part of my spiritual practice. May it continue to bless you as well. And, I plan to continue in the prayer circles, so we will continue to journey together in silence and word.

Mary Anne

• Posted by maryanne_third-force_org on December 14, 2020 at 7:54 pm #110497

Thank you, Carolyn, beloved companion and collaborator in grace. You will always be in my heart. And may everyone know that Carolyn is also a writer and editor of Word of The Week.

Mary Anne

• Posted by maryanne_third-force_org on December 14, 2020 at 7:55 pm #110498

Dear Fran,

We’ve known one another in the Great Silence and that is the deepest and most intimate way to be together. I have been blessed by your intention and loving presence. May it continue.

Mary Anne

• Posted by Diane-Ellen McCarron on December 15, 2020 at 12:49 am #110508

Dear Mary Anne,

The first time I joined a Tuesday session and every time after, your  gracious heart-spirit evoked a Presence in me that was felt from head to toe.  I am blessed by knowing you, by reading The Word of the Week with a devotion and appreciation for the writers, (I never knew you started it up!)  and for the kind loving way you lead the whole group on.  Your spiritual reflections are profound.  I will miss you very much but all this tenderness will be with me in a lasting, prayerful way.  Thank you. I wish you well in all.

• Posted by mdoc1830@gmail.com on December 17, 2020 at 12:17 am #110535

Dear Mary Anne,

We first met at a Cathy McCarthy- led- retreat and during the Contemplative Walk you continued Centering.  I thought, “wow, she’s really into it.”  And indeed you are.  Thanks so much for your guidance and presence during these sessions of Word of the Week and for leaving us with “transformative possibilities.”   During one of our sessions, I was stumbling with a reflection and you eloquently summarized my thoughts as “manifest what we know” and then you said, “thank you Maggie.”  Thank you, Mary Anne.  We send you off with love and blessings.

Maggie from Brooklyn

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.