Sunday January 15: The Mystery Beyond All Things

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday January 15: The Mystery Beyond All Things

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Sunday January 15: The Mystery Beyond All Things
    • Posted by pbegeman on January 13, 2023 at 9:58 pm #131483

Practices: 

– Liturgically and practically, we have moved through the Christmas-Epiphany season of light and wonder into so-called Ordinary Time. Re-read discreet portions of these passages in the manner of Lectio Divina, perhaps aloud to engage and further embody your senses.  What do you hear for your journey now?

– We practice Visio Divina with imagery to train our senses to see more intuitively, to see beyond form and first glances. Practice Visio Divina in the routines of your everyday life – with objects in your home, sunbeams through windows, food on your plate, a bird in the tree. Sense the ultimate in the common and simple, the intimations of the Divine all around you. Pay with your attention and see what you learn. Follow your attention as it wanes and awakens through your everyday life.

You may wish to re-read the full reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-jan15

• Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on January 15, 2023 at 3:19 pm #131503

This helps. More and more, I am dropping into my body and giving that overused mind a break.
      I read , I do lectio, I write in my journal. I used all the intellectual tools at my disposal to discern right thinking, fight action. then, I forget all and drop down into my heart space.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on January 15, 2023 at 4:39 pm #131507

It was 191. A 17 year old girl, ha sly out of high school, joined a Carmelite  monastery in those days, women did it l Ave their convent. They did it pursue further education  Their days were filled with silence. In 1969 , against all odds, she helped form the Association of Contemplative Sisters. A few years ago, she wrote extensively aboutLadyWisdom. The depth of her courage  and insight arose from years of silence- where she became steeped in the Mystery.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on January 15, 2023 at 7:58 pm #131509

it was 1951. A 17 year old girl, barely out of high school, joined a Carmelite monastery. In those days, women did not leave their convent or enclosure. They were not able to pursue higher education. Their days were filled with silence. In 1969, against all odds and amidst opposition from most male clergy, she helped form the Association of Contemplative Sisters.  This was the beginning of cloistered nuns reaching across boundaries of tradition and geography for mutual support and shared wisdom. A few years ago, this same woman(Constance Fitzgerald, OSC) wrote extensively about Lady Wisdom. The depth of her courage and insight arose from years of silence where she became steeped in the Mystery. I am reminded of St Clare of Assisi who once said, “My theology of God is my experience of God”. These two women were not talking about “Centering Prayer “, but they were certainly practicing it and living out of it. We are in good company.  (Revised from previous post).

• Posted by tcf2_comcast_net on January 16, 2023 at 1:09 am #131512

Susan, wow. Thanks.  Constance Fitzgerald

• Posted by Brenda Bayne on January 16, 2023 at 1:35 pm #131522

Thank you Susan.  I had not known of Constance Fitzgerald.

Sunday’s email touches me deeply, it is too deep for words at this point, perhaps I will not ever be able to articulate it.  I certainly cannot articulate those fleeting moments of non-duality, usually out in nature, when I know and have a felt-sense that all is One.  Too fleeting to grasp which perhaps is a good thing…

• Posted by Christine Kesans on January 17, 2023 at 3:02 pm #131611

Al, thank ou for that song of wonder this morning. I needed that!

• Posted by linda rhead on January 17, 2023 at 11:49 pm #131660

Sunday January 15: The Mystery Beyond All Things

What a lovely shift of consciousness Cynthia Bourgeault expresses: “Then this ‘inner wellspring’ is no longer a place you go to; it’s a place you come from. It’s a whole new structure of consciousness.” It becomes home. How do I serve as the wellspring for other seekers? It is a good question to ponder this week. <3 linda

• Posted by Adeline Behm on January 21, 2023 at 9:37 pm #131778

The image this week brings me into  a sense of being drawn into…..that inner space of no words, a simple resting. This image  for Centering prayer Wednesday was slightly askew. To the left a log boom…. an image of much of my life, keeping the logs moving slowly downstream. This Wednesday  I disappeared underneath, navigating the strong current in the thickest  kind of dark; image of my life these last years;  suddenly I pop in the center part and I know I am in the presence of the one I have been seeking. Looking in the central part of the image, orangish brown I see the hint of a face, eyes, nose, mouth, chin and a sense of being held… a transcendent kind of awe

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.