Reply To: Sunday, January 30: They Thought They Knew

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday, January 30: They Thought They Knew Reply To: Sunday, January 30: They Thought They Knew

Posted by pbegeman on January 31, 2022 at 11:45 pm #121249

Each of these posts thus far (Linda, Kathleen, Adeline and Susan) have touched me in different ways.  I so appreciate your sharing.  What resonates with me is the freedom to make conscious choices when awakened to the blindness of mythic membership consciousness.  I remember as a very young child having this clear sense of what was true and right for me — a kind of innate truth sensor.  When put into a religious grade school, I knew that what I was being taught about God was not true and stood my ground, even as a very shy and introverted child.  Looking back, there was some amazing moments of taking a different direction than “the crowd.” This truth sensor was lost and subjugated as I grew older and wanted to fit in and be liked.  But when I started the spiritual journey in my 30’s, it slowly resurfaced, along with a greater freedom to see differently and make different choices again. Alleluia! – Pamela