Reply To: To Mary Anne Best …

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions To Mary Anne Best … Reply To: To Mary Anne Best …

Posted by Susan Kenney on December 13, 2020 at 11:30 pm #110483

Mary Anne,

You were the first person to greet me when I ventured into Word of the Week in mid March. A friend had told me about it, so I took a chance. All of this was new to me: the 25 minutes of centering prayer, the lectio and the sharing. All done in a envelope of silence   I was taken aback when I realized that I could feel the  silence of the others.  Then I was reminded that prayer is energy and it knows no barriers of time or place. After that first time, I could not stay away. The 25 minutes was a struggle for me since I am a person of movement and words. Gradually, I was able to surrender to the quiet within. So, please know that your gentle welcome and  the depth of your own silence made a big difference. And I have registered for the Contemplative Writing  Course beginning next month. Writing is an important part of my journey and, with 9 months of Word of the Week as a starting point, I am feeling ready. So, many thanks for the person you are and the difference you have made in my life. I shall miss you on the Zoom screen.  But, I trust I will meet you in the silence.