Reply To: Sunday September 27: Breathing In and Breathing Out

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday September 27: Breathing In and Breathing Out Reply To: Sunday September 27: Breathing In and Breathing Out

Posted by Adeline Behm on October 2, 2020 at 10:19 pm #108880

Yes, I have experienced the fruits of centering prayer flowing into and through my activities, a new aliveness, a new depth in meaning. This morning for example, I found that my credit card had been compromised. My initial response was to go into a tail spin, consciously finding all the vital info that I would need  in calling the credit card company. The first number proved to be part of a long waiting line. I tried a second number and did not get caught up in remembering which button to push. This time a more cheerful encouraging voice guided me through appologing for putting me on silent mode several times while she checked things out. I found myself going with the flow that all shall be well. The items in question would be removed and I would be issued a new card. Mindful breathing and the welcome prayer took the place of mindless head chatter.

Yesterday I received the gift of a wall hanging: Grateful, Thankful, Blessed, which now hangs on the door to my apartment.