Sunday August 14 – Worth the Risk

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday August 14 – Worth the Risk

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Sunday August 14 – Worth the Risk
    • Posted by pbegeman on August 10, 2022 at 8:38 pm #127206

To Practice: Re-read these passages in the manner of Lectio Divina, perhaps aloud to engage them in a more embodied, sensory way.  What do you hear and feel for your journey now, and any experiences of darkness and disruption?

You can view the full email reflection here: https://mailchi.mp/coutreach/word-of-the-week-aug14

• Posted by Adeline Behm on August 17, 2022 at 6:00 pm #127413

These days there is a rhythm of  finding myself braving courageously the edge of no return only to find this is not falling into the abyss of oblivion but a further releasing of the bondage of my false self. These words from Rumi, this week.  invite me to go where I would not rather go, but do  offer glimpses of releasing into letting  go:

Run from what is comfortable.
      Forget safety.
      Live where you fear to live.
      Destroy your reputation.
      Be notorious.
      I have tried prudent planning long enough.
      From now on,
      I’ll be mad.

O what courage  to embrace the plan, not of my choosing. For this I am strangely grateful.

• Posted by Susan Kenney on August 18, 2022 at 2:24 pm #127425

“For the many villages of belonging, we are grateful. “. Strange, isn’t it?  These electronic villages. And yet, when I join with others in silence, followed by “holy listening and sacred sharing”, I am living in a special village of belonging. Several years ago I would have questioned the reality of such villages, but every Tuesday and Wednesday, I find myself returning, knowing that the villages will welcome me. With awe and gratitude.

• Posted by pbegeman on August 18, 2022 at 6:24 pm #127427

Well said, Sue. It’s a wonder and a gift each week to gather in these electronic villages. I am grateful for your dedication and participation. – Pamela

• Posted by linda rhead on August 18, 2022 at 7:01 pm #127429

Sunday August 14: Worth the Risk

“For the wounds that bring us to a place of unknowing…

Nurture of our many villages…
      healing that comes in unexpected ways…thanks be.”

Barbara Holmes’ words speak encouragement in this new yet familiar place of unknowing, living with a recent autoimmune diagnosis and treatment “tweaks”. I am planning a retreat for one of my villages, knowing healing for all will come in unexpected ways. I do what I can daily, thankful for temporary restrictions of energy and thought in order to just be, to live in awareness of my wonderfully knit body. The knitting has had a few dropped stitches over the years. My body and I are picking those stitches up and slowly mending the holes formed. Thankful, too, for this online village. Amen. <3 linda

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.