Reply To: Sunday February 19: Place Me at Your Table

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday February 19: Place Me at Your Table Reply To: Sunday February 19: Place Me at Your Table

Posted by Adeline Behm on February 25, 2023 at 5:17 pm #133357

A shiver of powerlessness, and a hint of despair when a first glance, upon opening this week’s WOW : “love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you; the invitation of centering prayer as the table of the Lord’. I avoided both, when a couple of days passed, I listened to  the  thought “what have I got to lose?”, now living into my 89th Lent! Something very liberating is happening. Instead of despair I fell into the abyss of God’s work of love as primal, my part is to show up, be open, be curious, declare my intent, gently return to my word. So much is changing as I engage in email follow-up with a 5th-step person, another person in a transition situation; my spiritual direction coordination ministry on the threshold of a new approach that I am called to initiate and let go….. I close this week in humble gratitude for “powerlessness”, in humble acceptance of letting go of other people’s “laundry list” and God’s plans in their unfolding state.