Reply To: Sunday October 23: Praying: Relating to God – and Each Other

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday October 23: Praying: Relating to God – and Each Other Reply To: Sunday October 23: Praying: Relating to God – and Each Other

Posted by Kathleen M. Kelly on October 23, 2022 at 9:04 pm #128944

Hello, These readings just now hit me like a ton of bricks. The Pharisee in me is berating the tax collector in me for having these problems that only ignorant , low life people have. Part of it is because I have bought into cultural stereotypes: “people who have ____as a problem are at fault for not doing ____. “ “people who have ____happen to them are to blame because only ___people have that problem. “ Because ——told me this will bring untold suffering and I won’t be able to successfully deal with it, I believe that judgment. Who are they that I allow them to put such things in my head?

it seems to me that what is inside, is outside, what is local, is universal. What is valuable is what God values, what God tells me in scripture, in cp, in welcoming prayer, in guard of the heart….every single day.
I can’t reserve judgment of the other until I release the harsh judgment of myself within.

This realization makes me feel like I just worked 12 hours carting rocks from one place to another!