Reply To: Sunday July 31: The Grace of Inner Resurrection

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday July 31: The Grace of Inner Resurrection Reply To: Sunday July 31: The Grace of Inner Resurrection

Posted by Susan Kenney on August 5, 2022 at 1:28 pm #127093

“We are born with an egoic operating system”. These words have troubled me all week. I keep thinking of the native peoples of Canada, how their children were sent off to boarding schools to strip them of a different “operating system”, a different way of seeing and being in the world.  The colonization efforts of European settlers included an education into the either/or operating system. I doubt that the Africans, transported to the “new world” chained in slave ships, were born with the same either/or perspective of their captors. Being educated in Catholic schools, I can still remember believing that everyone was either Catholic or non   And only the Catholics were eligible for heaven I don’t think I was born with that either/or belief system   As this week’s message says, whatever perspective we were raised in, spending time in silence can open us to,a wider, deeper view