Reply To: Sunday, February 27: Plain Talking

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday, February 27: Plain Talking Reply To: Sunday, February 27: Plain Talking

Posted by Adeline Behm on February 27, 2022 at 10:27 pm #122027

I concur, Caroline, Prayer Chapel time feeding my soul, as does praying the Word of the week and other “eruptions of God’s presence”. Kindred spirits, those “made of the same clay as we are” hold us as we move through human made eruptions, such as  the invasion of Ukraine, white superiority, gender inequality, male domination of women. Yesterday I participated in a webinar on the spirituality of Mary Oliver, some lines in her poetry take me into God-eruptions in my life. “Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness, it took me years to understand that this, too, is gift”. or “Do you need a little darkness to keep you going?” or “belonging to the purpose of my life”. Glad to have read the words of Madeleine Delbrel, who some 30 years ago introduce  me to the word “eruptions” in one life, though I must say with experience  now taking me  to a deeper place. With gratitude I step into this week.