Reply To: Sunday, January 2: Only a Beckoning Star to Follow

Home Forums Word of the Week Sessions Sunday, January 2: Only a Beckoning Star to Follow Reply To: Sunday, January 2: Only a Beckoning Star to Follow

Posted by Adeline Behm on January 8, 2022 at 4:17 pm #120663

Help me find myself
as I walk in others’ shoes.
– Kate Compston, I get a call from Marie that my voice mail box is full. Checking and deleting , there is Jane’s message. Jane passed away a couple of  months ago following an aggressive cancer. Jane suffered from severe bouts of depression. Over the years I walked her through the deep darkness times. This message and the final time I saw her, Jane was living deep gratitude and was exuberant in that I know this. “Theology on Time” interviews from the Catholic College on our University campus and there is Mike, now Father Mike and a “very reverend”. More than a dozen years ago I walked with him through discernment. Then Eva came into aware this week, age 16 some 50 years ago. There was unfinished business on my part and so I let the Spirit walk me though this into the future. Then there is Dorothy, Tonny, and the list went on and on  this week. This week I was invited to join in a discernment regarding a formation program that initially I was very much a part of. Initially I was finding all the reasons to decline;  Sarah  is also invited. I have big unfinished business. I am filled with gratitude, even though it may mean humiliation. Does the Spirit invite us ” to cease walking in another’s shoes or what? I am open to the reveal. Is it a calling?